Rutgers Newark GSBS Dental Scholars Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lily0680

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just accepted my spot, anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Mind sharing stats? When did you apply and how long did it take to get a response?
I applied in July for the Spring 2018 semester and I heard back in October. My stats are 3.2 overall and science GPA and my DAT is 19AA/19TS

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in July for the Spring 2018 semester and I heard back in October. My stats are 3.2 overall and science GPA and my DAT is 19AA/19TS
I just checked the status of my application and it says i got accepted! I’m so happy

I just checked the status of my application and it says i got accepted! I’m so happy
Same here! It's so weird that they didn't even send us an email haha.

Same here! It's so weird that they didn't even send us an email haha.
They should send one soon! Our deposits were due on Nov 6 so they're probably just looking to see how many more seat they have available for the Spring 2018 Class

Is anyone interested in living in 180 W. Market Street or 15 Washington St?

Reactions: 1 user
I also have been accepted to the program! Starting to look for places to live and it seems like having roommates would be most cost efficient. Roommates in the same program would be great! Lets make this happen?! I will be checking here regularly.

Reactions: 1 user
I have found two locations that I would like to live at. They are both reasonably priced and close to campus. The first one is 2bed 1bath (214 West Market Street Newark, NJ 07103) for 950/month. The second is 3/4bed 3bath (65 Marrow St, Newark, NJ 07103 – University Heights) for 2500/month. I personally like the first option due to the low price. But I don't mind the larger second place if we can get enough people. I also may have one roommate already interested in the second place. Let me know if y'all are interested. I want to call both places to see if I can schedule a tour in the near future so I would like to hear back soon.

Hey everyone,
I'm an incoming Spring 2018 grad student in the pre-dental scholars track. I just moved into a spacious and bright 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment at 24 Jones St and am looking for a roommate. It's located 2 blocks up the street from 185 South Orange St. (biomedical building) and is surrounded by the shopping center with the Shop Rite and some fast food chains, all within 2 minutes walking distance. Its $1250 a month, personal message me if you're interested and want a walk through.

Finishing up my last semester at this program, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about courses or the program in general

Reactions: 1 users
Finishing up my last semester at this program, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about courses or the program in general
Do you have any advice for getting admitted and how was the course load? I wonder if I will be able to work still