Rutgers Disciplinary Action Disclosure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omnio

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the RSDM disciplinary action disclosure during the whole interview process? I guess I had something on my record that I didn't disclose because no action was taken, and I didn't want to risk self incrimination if it wasn't necessary. The only reason I even had something on my record on undergrad in the first place was because I admitted responsibility (to look like the bigger person) when in reality I was not at fault- my roommates denied responsibility and their records are clean. Didn't want to make that mistake again but here we are, and it's out of my hands now.
I accepted the admissions offer and turned down the other schools last month and then now I get a call from the dean saying they're reviewing this all now and my offer might get taken back so I'm really just lost at this point. Has anyone had any issues like this? What can I do now, ask the other schools if I can accept their offers late?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I am sorry.
They did stress the importance of this at the interview.
As you said, it's out of your hands now.
Perhaps you can contact the dean and explain what happened in the past.
It looks like honesty is the key right now.

First of all, I am sorry.
They did stress the importance of this at the interview.
As you said, it's out of your hands now.
Perhaps you can contact the dean and explain what happened in the past.
It looks like honesty is the key right now.
Do I have any options regarding getting into my other schools this late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do I have any options regarding getting into my other schools this late?
I would email those schools that you declined before the fill up. You may have to add this to your aadsas if you have to reapply next year.

Does anyone have any experience with the RSDM disciplinary action disclosure during the whole interview process? I guess I had something on my record that I didn't disclose because no action was taken, and I didn't want to risk self incrimination if it wasn't necessary. The only reason I even had something on my record on undergrad in the first place was because I admitted responsibility (to look like the bigger person) when in reality I was not at fault- my roommates denied responsibility and their records are clean. Didn't want to make that mistake again but here we are, and it's out of my hands now.
I accepted the admissions offer and turned down the other schools last month and then now I get a call from the dean saying they're reviewing this all now and my offer might get taken back so I'm really just lost at this point. Has anyone had any issues like this? What can I do now, ask the other schools if I can accept their offers late?
Thats strange. Why did they send you an acceptance offer and then brought it up after? You should explain your situation to them. Pretty much what you just told us.
Ithink there was a section in AADSAS where you could explain your situation. If you already did that then you should be fine with other schools.

I guess I had something on my record that I didn't disclose because no action was taken, and I didn't want to tell the truth if it wasn't necessary.
There, fixed it for you.

So, this was not disclosed on your AADSAS application? What makes you think the other schools you turned down will be willing to just let your infraction/dishonesty slide? You just not going to disclose it to them until they run a check and it comes up? You just want to repeat the process again? Sometimes the coverup is worse than the crime.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 3 users
There, fixed it for you.

So, this was not disclosed on your AADSAS application? What makes you think the other schools you turned down will be willing to just let your infraction/dishonesty slide? You just not going to disclose it to them until they run a check and it comes up? You just want to repeat the process again? Sometimes the coverup is worse than the crime.

Big Hoss
I was feeling dejected in my initial post, but now after a lot of reflection on the situation, I completely agree with you. I don't intend to let these infractions or my failure to disclose them slide, so really the best and only option is to be fully up front and honest with the schools and communicate my situation.

I was feeling dejected in my initial post, but now after a lot of reflection on the situation, I completely agree with you. I don't intend to let these infractions or my failure to disclose them slide, so really the best and only option is to be fully up front and honest with the schools and communicate my situation.
You say infraction but then you talk about something in your undergrad record. Were you accused of a crime or breaking the law? Did the school discipline you instead of your roommate? Two completely different things.

In a similar situation. DM me.

What ended up happening?
So I was given a chance to explain my situation to the committee via a response letter but unfortunately my offer was rescinded. I feel that the main reason was that even though I didn't disclose anything in my AADSAS, I failed to tell them on my interview day, where they really did stress the importance of this, as someone said above. At the end of the day, I learned some pretty valuable lessons, and even though I paid a hefty price I'm actually grateful for it.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users