Program-Specific Info / Q's Rush OT Acceptances? Where to Live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiscoOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to the OT program at Rush University. Has anyone decided on Rush yet? If so, where do you plan on living? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have not been accepted to Rush (yet) but I am from and currently live in Chicago. If you wanted to chat about convenient neighborhoods that would suit your style and commute feel free to message me and I can give you my best advice.

Thanks for your help! I was thinking maybe the Wrigleyville or Lincoln Park area? But I don't know much! Do you think it would be safe to commute back to those areas from campus in the evening? Thanks again:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Chicago and work at a building on the Rush campus. Are you planning on taking transit? I used to live around Wrigley, and that neighborhood as well as Lincoln Park are both tremendously safe. Rush is in a generally safe area, but it's definitely a lot closer to "bad" areas than neighborhoods on the North Side like LP or Wrigley. The only downside about living in those neighborhoods transportation wise would be that you'd have to transfer between trains so your commute would be a bit longer. Regarding safety, you should be fine so long as you're not leaving school past 9 or 10. There's safety in numbers, so it's always best to travel at times when there are going to be other people on the train/bus with you. If you've gotta leave super late, than you can always take a cab.

WiscoOT, I sent you a message on here. Let me know if you didn't get it.