Rotations as a PGY1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ava2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I need some input please. I am about to begin my internship in internal medicine and would like to do an away rotation in derm this year. This elective has been approved by my home dept. I have contacted several programs and many are saying that they do not allow residents to rotate through their depts, only students have this option.

Is anyone aware of programs that allow residents for month-long rotations? I prefer to stay in the midwest or south but will go elsewhere if the opportunity arises.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about the midwest or south...but you could definitely find something in NYC. Also, if you try to do specialty derm rotations that are not offered just anywhere, they usually accept residents from other programs for example...ethnic skin diseases. Or try to go back to your med schools derm program...if they know you maybe they could make exceptions. That would be a good way to keep your fresh on your med if you're planning to re-applying this year.