Ross University August 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schnauzerlover94

LMU CVM c/o 2023
Reaction score
Didn’t see a thread for this and I have some questions. I am specifically looking to talk to a current Ross student who has a dog on the island. If you match the description and are willing to talk with me let me know! I would be very grateful!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t see a thread for this and I have some questions. I am specifically looking to talk to a current Ross student who has a dog on the island. If you match the description and are willing to talk with me let me know! I would be very grateful!

I also would be interested to know about the logistics of bringing a dog!

IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG

Someone on Facebook reached out to me and this is the response I got in regards to the quarantine process. It was a really helpful response so I wanted to share :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have y'all already officially accepted your seat? When do they send our information packet, etc?

I have not accepted my offer yet. Still waiting to hear from my last school before I decide

I haven't accepted my seat yet, I've been waiting to receive all of my decisions first, but now that that's done I'll be accepting my seat withing the next few weeks. :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I haven't seen an official page for Ross 2023 class...starting in August 2019. I'm SUPER excited to be living in the Caribbean and am just anxious to get housing, travel plans etc. sorted. I know they are still working on getting the May 2019 class set so I need to be patient, but I'm so pumped! Any other students starting in August 2019?!

Hi! I haven't seen an official page for Ross 2023 class...starting in August 2019. I'm SUPER excited to be living in the Caribbean and am just anxious to get housing, travel plans etc. sorted. I know they are still working on getting the May 2019 class set so I need to be patient, but I'm so pumped! Any other students starting in August 2019?!

Congrats!! :) I’m starting in May, but I know there’s a few on here who are also starting in the fall.

I'll be starting in August as well, I'm super pumped to began this journey

Hey guys I am pre-med but wondering about Ross in Barbados. Seeing as Vet is another expensive four year journey do you guys have any advice for how you made your decision to attend Ross this fall considering the move from Dominica? (there does not seem to be a pre-med forum, but i'm making one now)

The Vet School is still located on St. Kitts

I haven't accepted my seat yet, I've been waiting to receive all of my decisions first, but now that that's done I'll be accepting my seat withing the next few weeks. :soexcited:

I recently accepted my offer and will be joining Ross Vet for the September Semester!!

Iv been waiting for this as well! Have you received your package yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially paid my deposit today for the fall, I'm super excited!!! Going to vet school

Officially paid my deposit today for the fall, I'm super excited!!! Going to vet school

Congrats!! I went to the open house this week and touring the island and school was awesome—I can’t wait to start school! The island is definitely a little different than the US, but not nearly as scary as some people make it out to be. The professors and students I met were amazing, and the facilities were totally on par with the US schools I’ve toured (obviously they just don’t have a teaching hospital). Excited to see you on campus this fall! :)

Hello, I was also accepted for August 2019! I am so excited but I also have so many questions so i appreciate you starting this thread.

Hello, I was also accepted for August 2019! I am so excited but I also have so many questions so i appreciate you starting this thread.

Congrats! I would also check out the Ross May 2019 thread as well—there’s some good info in there!

Anyone know what colour the August Semester is?

I think it’s pink—I think they’re going into their 7th semester this upcoming semester?

I’m blue (starting in May) and I’m pretty sure the current 7th semester is blue.

No im still waiting!! :(

I was accepted Jan 15th, committed to May semester Feb 11th and got my packet on Feb 22 if that helps at all with timing! The welcome packet is basically just all the info for getting your student visa. They also sent me a little “swag bag” in March though with a cute t-shirt and some packing cubes. :)

Hi guys!! I have my interview today with Ross! Hoping to start in Fall 2019! Any tips for the interview process? Wish me luck!!

Hi guys!! I have my interview today with Ross! Hoping to start in Fall 2019! Any tips for the interview process? Wish me luck!!

My interview was pretty laid back and they went over some of the details from my application. Good luck!! :)

Hi! I’ven been acepted to the Vet Prep this September. I’m quite ansious to get the welcome package. Do anyone knows when you’re supposed to book flights or is it too early to book them now before receiving the welcome package?

Hi! I’ven been acepted to the Vet Prep this September. I’m quite ansious to get the welcome package. Do anyone knows when you’re supposed to book flights or is it too early to book them now before receiving the welcome package?
I’m in vet prep for fall 2019 too flights can be booked anytime, but we have to notify them of our scheduled flight by June 1st. They advise flying in between Aug 23-25 (fri-sun), that is when on campus housing will be ready and buses available to take you from the airport to housing.

I’m in vet prep for fall 2019 too flights can be booked anytime, but we have to notify them of our scheduled flight by June 1st. They advise flying in between Aug 23-25 (fri-sun), that is when on campus housing will be ready and buses available to take you from the airport to housing.
Congrats!!! Have you received the welcome package yet?

Not sure if it’s changed since I was accepted, but the welcome packet is all the same information you can find online but on nice paper.

Not sure if it’s changed since I was accepted, but the welcome packet is all the same information you can find online but on nice paper.

Same. I’m just starting in May semester, but it was same information from the welcome email as well as info on getting the student visa. They did send me a little swag bag a little later though! And then I got a cute luggage tag this week

Random question: do we need to get our rabies vaccinations before we go?

You don’t since it’s a rabies free country. You usually get them on island closer to the start of your clinical year since you will need it at that point. Talking to other students, it sounds like it’s much cheaper to get on island vs in the States. They also have a study going on right now that upper semesters can enroll in to get the series for free. Not sure how long that’s going to last though...

You don’t since it’s a rabies free country. You usually get them on island closer to the start of your clinical year since you will need it at that point. Talking to other students, it sounds like it’s much cheaper to get on island vs in the States. They also have a study going on right now that upper semesters can enroll in to get the series for free. Not sure how long that’s going to last though...
Any semester can participate in the study. You either get the rabies vaccine or a saline shot, then you find out what you get at the end of the semester. It’s a potentially free vaccine. Otherwise, I believe the series is around $200usd

I waited until the last minute to decide on paying my deposit that’s due today. And I did not receive a username or pin in my welcome email to login to the portal to pay my deposit? Did anyone else have this issue

I waited until the last minute to decide on paying my deposit that’s due today. And I did not receive a username or pin in my welcome email to login to the portal to pay my deposit? Did anyone else have this issue

My username didn’t show up in the email either, email the new student coordinators and they should get back to you pretty quickly—they’ll send it to ya!

Hi everyone! Has anyone gotten their welcome packet yet? I'll be starting this fall~

I received my welcome package but I’m confused since online the Hep A vaccine was not required and on th health Certificate is now required. Do any of you know if they will be flexible with that?

I received my welcome package but I’m confused since online the Hep A vaccine was not required and on th health Certificate is now required. Do any of you know if they will be flexible with that?
Prooooobably not one you want to skip.... you usually get hep a from contaminated food and water and it’s recommended by the CDC for most travelers. I’d probably still try and get it, even if you have to get the 2nd dose in St Kitts or if you come home for Christmas (if you get a short break around then).

Some of the vaccines/tests are required for the visa itself and some are required by the school/clinical affiliate schools so that may be why you saw a different list. I’m pretty sure all of the ones on the health cert are mandatory and definitely wouldn’t recommend skipping Hep A. I would check your records to make sure you haven’t had it yet. I didn’t think I had, but then found proof of it from some point in my school history. If you haven’t had it and need a booster, you can always get the booster here in St. Kitts.

Also, recommend holding off on the rabies vaccine if you haven’t gotten it already (don’t need it on island, just need it for clinical year). You can enroll in a study and get it for free—they’ll talk to you about it during orientation week. If you decide to not do study though, it’s only $200 US for the whole series.

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to all of you future Ross DVM students!!! I applied for this fall and my application is currently under "Application Status: Committee Review." Does anyone know how long their status was under Committee Review before they received a final decision?

Hey everyone!

Congratulations to all of you future Ross DVM students!!! I applied for this fall and my application is currently under "Application Status: Committee Review." Does anyone know how long their status was under Committee Review before they received a final decision?

Mine was under review for about 5 weeks, but that was over the winter holidays. I know some people who heard back within two weeks, it just kind of varies. Good luck to you!! :)

Mine was under review for about 5 weeks, but that was over the winter holidays. I know some people who heard back within two weeks, it just kind of varies. Good luck to you!! :)

I was reading on here how everyone was suggested to purchase their flights by June 1st; today marks three weeks from the day of my interview and I was told that I would hear a decision within 4-5 weeks, so I will just keep what you said in mind and with positive thoughts.

How are you enjoying the transition onto the island and the study load? Have you had a chance to join any clubs yet?

I was reading on here how everyone was suggested to purchase their flights by June 1st; today marks three weeks from the day of my interview and I was told that I would hear a decision within 4-5 weeks, so I will just keep what you said in mind and with positive thoughts.

How are you enjoying the transition onto the island and the study load? Have you had a chance to join any clubs yet?

You should be okay! I moved from the Sept semester to May semester last minute and was able to get everything done within a month. I also have a friend who decided to start in May two weeks before orientation and was able to get all her stuff done too. It’s not ideal, but it’s definitely possible! Hopefully you’ll have more notice than that though!

I honestly love the island. Yeah it has its quirks, but I don’t mind them too much. Everyone is different though and it’s not unusual to need a little bit of adjustment—which is totally understandable! I miss some of the conveniences of home, but overall am really enjoying my experience here. Also, everyone is in the same boat where we’ve all moved somewhere new, so it really helps you to feel like a family IMO.

Only a month in and the pace is fast, but I’m finding it manageable (so far at least lol). I’ve heard it gets a little more intense next semester, then third semester is a little chill before getting more intense again in fourth. Just basing it off of other students I’ve talked to.

And I joined a few different clubs—and actually already became an officer in one haha. They have a club fair near the beginning of the semester where all the clubs set up booths and you can get info/join.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, always happy to help :)

You should be okay! I moved from the Sept semester to May semester last minute and was able to get everything done within a month. I also have a friend who decided to start in May two weeks before orientation and was able to get all her stuff done too. It’s not ideal, but it’s definitely possible! Hopefully you’ll have more notice than that though!

I honestly love the island. Yeah it has its quirks, but I don’t mind them too much. Everyone is different though and it’s not unusual to need a little bit of adjustment—which is totally understandable! I miss some of the conveniences of home, but overall am really enjoying my experience here. Also, everyone is in the same boat where we’ve all moved somewhere new, so it really helps you to feel like a family IMO.

Only a month in and the pace is fast, but I’m finding it manageable (so far at least lol). I’ve heard it gets a little more intense next semester, then third semester is a little chill before getting more intense again in fourth. Just basing it off of other students I’ve talked to.

And I joined a few different clubs—and actually already became an officer in one haha. They have a club fair near the beginning of the semester where all the clubs set up booths and you can get info/join.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, always happy to help :)
Third semester is not chill. Don’t let them lie to you like they lied to me.