Rosalind Franklin BMS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should we attend BMS?

• Yes

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • NO

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just FYI, Stritch school of medicine is not at the lakeshore campus. It is located in Maywood, IL (a low income suburb that is very far from the lakeshore to say the least lol)

Anyway, from what you have stated I would recommend sticking with BMS due to what everyone else already said. Good luck!
I do realize that Stritch is located in Maywood; however, the program I am considering for this fall is at the Lakeshore campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I was accepted to the program a couple of weeks ago and accepted my acceptance (?) last week. Have you guys gotten any more information in regards to classes, scheduling, is there an orientation? Anything?

Mkara1,

The only thing I've received is an email asking if we wanted to switch track programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, just got wait listed for the class of 2016 BMS. I have to update them with my new MCAT score which I took June the 20th. In the meanwhile , I have couple questions and appreciate your answers. Do you know how long does it take for them to update the wait list and is it possible to get admission off wait list? Also considering late admission decision is there any chance I could find an apartment in campus?

Hey guys, I was accepted to the program a couple of weeks ago and accepted my acceptance (?) last week. Have you guys gotten any more information in regards to classes, scheduling, is there an orientation? Anything?

Besides stating I was committing/paying a deposit, I didn't receive anything for 3-4 weeks.

For anybody that was deciding between RFU or Toledo, check out the Toledo thread. geez.

Last edited:
I am really disapointed because I had tons of problems with RFUCAS from the begining, sending my requirements, getting them to mark me as complete and even verify me.... Now I ended up in the waitlist and the class is Full.... It is very depressing.... I want to know if there is any chance to get off waitlist? would anyone from previous years tell me if there is any chance? I really do not know what should I do for another year if I don't get acceptance. :( :( :( :bang::bang::bang::shrug:

How do you know the class is full?

HOW THEIR WAITLIST MOVES FOR THE GOD'S SAKE?!
Last year there was plenty of waitlist movement. I was waitlisted initially, along with some other people I know. I'm pretty sure you could gather this from reading last year's thread though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year there was plenty of waitlist movement. I was waitlisted initially, along with some other people I know. I'm pretty sure you could gather this from reading last year's thread though.
How long did it take between the time you waitlisted and you heard back from them? did they mentioned the class is full?

HOW THEIR WAITLIST MOVES FOR THE GOD'S SAKE?!

Relax, their wait list will definitely move. From past threads, about 30 people get in off the wait list. I'm going to be withdrawing my acceptance from here soon so that's one available spot right there.

this may be a stupid question, but are you guys renting housing for 10 or 12 months? program runs from August - May (~10 months).

this may be a stupid question, but are you guys renting housing for 10 or 12 months? program runs from August - May (~10 months).

12, so I can just renew if I'm lucky enough to matriculate!

12, so I can just renew if I'm lucky enough to matriculate!
I would recommend you sign up for 10 months just in case. When it comes to housing, BMS students are treated special for not having to decide about keeping the place for summer until they find out about their admission status to CMS or other programs. And the waitlist for BMS moves quite a lot. I got accepted from the wait list about 2 weeks before school started.

Has anyone been straight up rejected from BMS this application cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
how are most people living in rfu housing getting their furniture? I was thinking I need at least a mattress, a table, chair, and lamp. at the very least a mattress, if I'm literally only going to use my room for sleeping.. I'm thinking about just buying a cheap mattress in chicago, but I'm worried about delivering it to my room

how are most people living in rfu housing getting their furniture? I was thinking I need at least a mattress, a table, chair, and lamp. at the very least a mattress, if I'm literally only going to use my room for sleeping.. I'm thinking about just buying a cheap mattress in chicago, but I'm worried about delivering it to my room

if I get in, I was just planning on buying one of those air mattresses and a desk/chair. thats it lol

haha i was thinking about getting an air mattress, but i don't think you can sleep comfortably on that for 10 months.. i'll probably just get ikea to deliver and pay the delivery fee. in total everything should be less than 250 dollars hopefully (mattress, desk lamp, desk, chair, delivery fee)

has anyone at rfu heard of/used royal furniture. they received great yelp reviews, and they're located closer to the school than ikea (=cheaper delivery charges)
if I get in, I was just planning on buying one of those air mattresses and a desk/chair. thats it lol

Last edited:
I would recommend you sign up for 10 months just in case. When it comes to housing, BMS students are treated special for not having to decide about keeping the place for summer until they find out about their admission status to CMS or other programs. And the waitlist for BMS moves quite a lot. I got accepted from the wait list about 2 weeks before school started.

Did you have trouble finding housing 2 weeks before the start date? Where did you end up living, if you don't mind sharing?

Most popular options seem to be Woodlands or navy housing.

Last edited:
Did you have trouble finding housing 2 weeks before the start date? Where did you end up living, if you don't mind sharing?
I did struggle with housing. When I submitted my application for student housing they said they were full. 2 days before orientation they said they had a spot open up and I took. It was a hectic week. I barely had any other plans :( I just got lucky.

I did struggle with housing. When I submitted my application for student housing they said they were full. 2 days before orientation they said they had a spot open up and I took. It was a hectic week. I barely had any other plans :( I just got lucky.

Would you recommend submitting an application for student housing if I am on the waitlist? Do they allow that?

Yikes. I really need to get moving on housing then.

Does anyone know how fast the navy housing fills up?

I recommend buying a good mattress and just picking up a simple bed frame from Walmart or something (they are very cheap!) that's what I did and it worked out. I didn't have anything delivered so my family had to move/set up everything for me when I moved in! I bought a table from ikea ($40) and a good desk chair from OfficeMax ($60) along with some used furniture that I bought for really cheap from people on offerup!

I HIGHLY recommend looking for furniture on the offerup app I bought a bunch of stuff from it that I still use!

Would you recommend submitting an application for student housing if I am on the waitlist? Do they allow that?

It won't hurt applying for student housing I know that some apartments are still open. If you are still uncertain I recommend speaking directly to the coordinator of student housing and asking yourself they are very helpful

If you are NOT going to Rosalind Franklin for the BMS program, please tell admissions that you aren't going! Also, if anyone gets off the waitlist, please post ASAP and give info on when you applied and when you were waitlisted! Thank You.

If you are NOT going to Rosalind Franklin for the BMS program, please tell admissions that you aren't going! Also, if anyone gets off the waitlist, please post ASAP and give info on when you applied and when you were waitlisted! Thank You.

Affirmative!

Hi everyone! I e-mailed the office today to withdraw my acceptance since I moved off the waitlist at a medical school. I also had a deposit on a 1 bedroom deluxe apartment at Woodlands which I am also forfeiting. To anyone interested, I had a 28 MCAT, lots of clinical experience (I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant), 3.53 overall/3.1 science--they were going to require me to do a special track because of my lower science GPA. Good luck everyone!! :)

Sure, I'm attending UNECOM instead.

Reactions: 2 users
You picked UNECOM over a chance of attending an MD school?

How is this even remotely surprising? Of course you take an acceptance at a medical school over a 40% chance at getting into CMS paying an extra $60K+. You save yourself all that $$$ plus you avoid losing out on a year's worth of physician salary. Lots of people have argued for making the same decision, check back earlier in the thread. @michtam2 is making the smart choice

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you, @ClassicJandT :) The idea that allopathic medicine > osteopathic medicine is also a bit archaic. I am by no means settling, I actually do prefer the osteopathic school of thought and UNECOM was my top choice. But to each their own! @doctorold I wish you well in your endeavors!

Reactions: 2 users
You don't. People may keep dropping until the day school starts.

But, currently, all seats are filled, correct?

Or do we know otherwise for a fact?

I submitted two days before the application deadline and have not yet gotten a processing completion, or all materials received notification. Are they just done with applications since they probably already have a waitlist lined up or? Those who applied close to the deadline -- how long did your application take to process?

Last edited:
any updates on what became of the last 15 or so people waiting decision from CMS from the BMS class? last word on here was around ~55 in and 20 out with 15 still waiting.....?

But, currently, all seats are filled, correct?

Or do we know otherwise for a fact?

I submitted two days before the application deadline and have not yet gotten a processing completion, or all materials received notification. Are they just done with applications since they probably already have a waitlist lined up or? Those who applied close to the deadline -- how long did your application take to process?
It took couple weeks for them to send me those emails. I know other applicants have different experience so can't say for sure. I think it's safe to say give it at least 4 weeks.

Hi everyone,
I just told this to someone else in PM and I thought that other applicants on the waitlist should consider. You have to realize that just because you are on the waitlist, it doesn't necessary mean that the class is full. They may have just put you there because they anticipated better applicants until the deadline. If such thing doesn't happen you'll probably get in. Additionally, people who have got in before the deadline, and people who are yet to get accepted, may not all want to come here. Spots will open until classes start. I believe the deadlines for this year were June 30th or something. That means they are processing those applicants that applied late now (however many they are). This would probably take four more weeks, from the deadline, before they start taking students from the waitlist. That is just an estimate I think make sense so take it with a grain of salt. I hope this eases some tension for you guys. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I just told this to someone else in PM and I thought that other applicants on the waitlist should consider. You have to realize that just because you are on the waitlist, it doesn't necessary mean that the class is full. They may have just put you there because they anticipated better applicants until the deadline. If such thing doesn't happen you'll probably get in. Additionally, people who have got in before the deadline, and people who are yet to get accepted, may not all want to come here. Spots will open until classes start. I believe the deadlines for this year were June 30th or something. That means they are processing those applicants that applied late now (however many they are). This would probably take four more weeks, from the deadline, before they start taking students from the waitlist. That is just an estimate I think make sense so take it with a grain of salt. I hope this eases some tension for you guys. Good luck!
Hi thanks very much for your information despite the fact that you have no obligation to help us. I have received an email from Dr. Riblon saying the class was full. I totally get your point but my question is, would they say they are full just because they don't want to give hope to the waitlisted applicants?? This whole waitlist thing is a bit twisted in reality I believe.

Last edited:
Hi thanks very much for your information despite the fact that you have no obligation to help us. I have received an email from Dr. Riblon saying the class was full. I totally get your point but my question is, would they say they are full just because they don't want to give hope to the waitlisted applicants?? This whole waitlist thing is a bit twisted in reality I believe.
For what it's worth, "full" could mean that they have given out enough acceptances to fill the class, not necessarily that there are enough confirmed acceptances. Many people who get in end up not coming or rescinding their acceptance for a variety of reasons. In the past there has been lots of waitlist movement in the summer. I would be surprised if this year suddenly deviated so far from that trend.

If Dr. Riblon said that the class is full, I would agree with Blob229. Maybe full means they won't send anymore waitlist or additional acceptance outside of that. In the past there have been many waitlist movements and most of them after the deadline. So don't give up hope.

If anyone is planning to withdraw their acceptance from this program, on behalf of everyone on the waitlist I kindly request you to please do now. If you are waiting to hear back from other schools before withdrawing or if you are waiting on something else, this is understandable and I am not referring to you. But if you are sure you don't want to attend please withdraw now, it will be much less hectic to those on the waitlist because we have to start looking for housing, make plans to move, book flight tickets etc. and it makes it really hard to do this in a short time span. Thank you :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, just got wait listed for the class of 2016 BMS. I have to update them with my new MCAT score which I took June the 20th. In the meanwhile , I have couple questions and appreciate your answers. Do you know how long does it take for them to update the wait list and is it possible to get admission off wait list? Also considering late admission decision is there any chance I could find an apartment in campus?
So please disregard my comment if you think that I am being too nosy, but what was your MCAT score?