roomate needed for Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd4me@510

druggist_2_be
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be attending Touro this fall and I am looking for a roomate. If you're interested, please PM me . This is the apartment I'm interested in: http://www.brebluerockvillage.com/9...ypage.asp?page=HOME&PageGroup=SFO4015&flag=-1

if you have another apartment that you're interested in, we can work something out. By the way, I'm a male and I'm very easy going :D .

Members don't see this ad.

i'll also be attending touro i was curious on where the cheap appartments are or if you guys could help me out with finding one or guiding me ( i am out of state---minnesota/wisconsin, so it will be difficult for me to find a place ) email me at [email protected] with the subject : SDN
Thanks so much looking forward to learning with you all!

hi,
i am also a new pharm student this fall at touro..and looking for housing ... but i just want to live with one person in a 2-bedroom apartment... where i have my own bedroom and the other person in another bedroom. so if anyone, who likes quiet student..just pm me.
thanks,
ryan

Members don't see this ad :)
hihi!

I am a female looking for a female roomate to share a two bedroom apartment. PM me if you are interested or know someone who is. Thanks!!!

I'm currently a P-1 at Touro and have an extra bedroom to rent out of my 2 bedroom apartment in Benicia, which is a very beautiful and safe town about 20 minutes away from campus. The apt is great and has new kitchen appliances, fireplace, vaulted ceilings,new carpeting, and a spacious bathroom. It is also completely furnished except for what you would need for the second bedroom (bed, drsser, etc.). The rent is very reasonable for such a nice place. If you are female and are interested or have any questions please PM me!

:)

is this Ny Touro? how come no1 goes to cali touro lol

Hey! I would love to roomate with someone who is going in the pharmacy program at Cali Touro.

Btw, Tamtam, were you interviewed on Friday March 16th? There was someone at my interview that was from around there as well. =D

Hey! I would love to roomate with someone who is going in the pharmacy program at Cali Touro.

Btw, Tamtam, were you interviewed on Friday March 16th? There was someone at my interview that was from around there as well. =D

If you are female PM me because there is a room available in my 2 bedroom apt near Tour (Cali)

Bah, that's too bad cause I'm male T.T;;

YUP... horray!!! I'm glad to hear that someone from my interview group got in... which person were you??? I was the one sitting at the second seat closest to the door!!! I can't wait for school... looking forward to being Pharm Buddies!

Does anyone know how the dorms are in Touro? Price? Is it easy to get into? I just realized that I never saw the dorms when I visited there. When does school start anyways? Lots of planning to do...

Does anyone know how the dorms are in Touro? Price? Is it easy to get into? I just realized that I never saw the dorms when I visited there. When does school start anyways? Lots of planning to do...

i think someone told me that dorming is really hard to get at touro. and it looks a bit isolated.

I know you are required to attend orientation which is the first week of august and school starts that second week. However, i am unsure of the exact dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
as a first yr at touro (ca) i wouldnt recommend the dorm because i think it's kinda creepy on campus at night because it's so dark. the dorm itself seems creepy, kinda quiet and old... but some ppl do like it cuz its really close to school and relatively cheap (not sure how much). for apt, blue rock seems like a good choice to begin w/, but a lot of ppl that lived in it realize its overrated. try fountain plaza right across the street, it's cheaper and pretty nice. or just drive around the area, there are a lot of apartments around.

Tam! I was the person sitting next to you, closest to the door xD

PharmdD and Kamzu, i just PMed you regarding for roomates.

Hello everyone, i was accepted in December and now i'm looking for roomates. Cost of renting doesn't matter to me, just as long i get an easy going roomate. Hoping to get to know each and one of you. BTW, i'm male.

Does anyone know of housing options within walking distance to campus? I don't have a vehicle so I will either have to find a place really close to campus or do the dorms. How much are the dorms by the way?

Hey Sprinkle,

This might help answering your question. The housing located inside Touro campus is quite dull. If you want more information, just call Touro and ask for Irene Favreau, i believe she's the housing director. This is what she forward to me on the email.

Hello! Congratulations on your acceptance to Touro! Touro currently has very limited on-campus housing available in our one residence hall, Wilderman Hall. Here's an overview of the current housing situation on and off campus.
Wilderman Hall was previously Bachelor Officers' Quarters for the US Navy. There is a community kitchen, study room, and a large living room/game room. There is also a section of the residence hall that is being used as a learning center and there are plans to begin construction this summer to convert some of the common space in Wilderman Hall for use as a synagogue for Shabbat services on Fridays & Saturdays & Jewish Holidays and as a general student study area at other times. Individual rooms come furnished with a single bed, dresser, night stand and a combination book-case/desk. All rooms have private bathrooms. (See photos of a single room and some of the common areas attached.)
Rent for dorm rooms is $600/month for a regular single, $700/month for a super-single, $800/month for a double and $850/month for a double with a balcony. (Super-singles and rooms with balconies are very limited.) Double rooms can be shared by roommates who split the rent and share the bathroom, or can be used as single living quarters so long as the single occupant is willing to pay the full rent. These prices reflect the going market rate for housing in the Bay Area.
Touro gives first preference for leases renewals to students who are already living in the residence hall. Remaining rooms are made available to incoming students on a first-come, first served basis. The Housing Office also maintains a waiting list for on-campus housing in case there any cancellations. A Housing Agreement/Application form and a Residential Life Handbook are attached for you to review and to fill out and mail back with a $50 application processing fee if you're interested in applying. If we are unable to offer you accomodations on campus, your application fee will be returned. I'm also attaching some photos of a dorm room and some of the common areas.
There is a parking lot near the residence hall where students can park for free. There are also a limited number of covered parking spaces for dorm students that are available at a cost of $50/semester.
If you're interested in checking out off-campus housing, go to our web site(www.tu.edu) and click on "Prospective Students" - then on "Residential Life" and finally on "Off-Campus Housing Listing." That will bring you to the most current information available about off-campus listings from private landlords. Because it's not possible for us to screen all the offerings in the community, we do recommend that students do not sign rental agreements without personally inspecting the housing being offered. You can also find some information about apartment complexes in the area where our students have lived in the past by clicking on "Off-Campus Housing List (MS Word Document)." I'm also attaching an Excel spreadsheet about off-campus housing prepared by students in 2006 with about places where they lived -- but please keep in mind that this information is now a year old, so there may be some changes to the current rental fees charged.
Feel free to contact me again if you have any other questions or need additional information. Have a good day!

Does anyone know of housing options within walking distance to campus? I don't have a vehicle so I will either have to find a place really close to campus or do the dorms. How much are the dorms by the way?

I am in the same situation. I will not have transportation but was wondering if there were buses or may buy a moped....
what does everyone think?

I and another 2010 COM student is currently looking for roomate. We have a master bd ($555) and another bd ($515) in Glen Cove ~15 min from school. Drop by and yahoo messenger and text me duyth21

Hey, I am a 1st year Pharmacy student also but I have no clue where to live. how far away from campus is this place? I couldnt get the link to open so how big is it and the price? when do you want to move in. i would like to in late july sometime.

My friend (male) and I (female) are going to be first year students at Touro in Fall 2007. We are currently looking for a 4 BR place around vallejo/benicia area. We are looking for someone to share the other 2 BR with.
Most likely price for each person would be $500-$600. We will split utilities, water, garbage, DSL, etc.

any one interested in looking for a roommate for Touro university CA, my friend (female, Xtina928) and I (male) is looking for a 4 BR place. My email is [email protected].

Hey wat sup man, my friend and I are looking for roommates that we can share a house with so if you are interested just email me at [email protected]
PharmdD and Kamzu, i just PMed you regarding for roomates.

Hello everyone, i was accepted in December and now i'm looking for roomates. Cost of renting doesn't matter to me, just as long i get an easy going roomate. Hoping to get to know each and one of you. BTW, i'm male.

I am also looking for housing.. if anyone needs a roommate, please PM me.. thanks

oh and I'm a male..entering DO 2011

Hi, I am a female third year medical student with a house and a fenced in yard for your dog or cat. I am splitting this house so you will have two rooms and your own bathroom. There is a guest room for out of town friends too. $500 plus split uts. Call 360-631-1563.