Roll Call: UBC Class 2010 Contact Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyanMaverick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I thought it would be neat if we could all get together to talk a bit before we all go off for the first semester in September. We can leave our contact info here and start to get to know our other SDNers. My email is leblancryan_2 AT hotmail.com and I can also be accessed on MSN at the same address. I hope you hear from you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

[email protected]

i don't have internet at my new place yet, but i will be on during work hours!!
(I am working as a web designer for UBC right now.. so MSN is definitely OK)

i look forward to hearing from all of you...
even ones who didn't get in, I will be happy to share my "pharm" journey...

Members don't see this ad :)
[email protected]

don't check this email cuz it's full of junk and crap... just use it for msn.. feel free to add me.

-Alvin

Guys. I'm in Gr. 11, right now. I live in vancouver.

I hear the cut off for UBC is 92% if the path is High School > UBC. I also hear that I should aim for 88% according to some people, since 88% = auto in. I would like to know the truth.

What is an ideal average that I should aim for if I want to get out of high school into UBC and skip prepharm? This path -- if I take it -- will be High School > UBC (and NOT prepharm).

Also, I am currently taking bio and chem. In the summer I'll be taking math 11 and french 11 since I took the honors class and I'm not satisfied with my marks. I plan on getting around 95% + for both in summer school. Oh! Do they accept summer school marks, too? Also, do I have to take physics 11?

Also, is prepharm harder than the actual courses at UBC? Or do you have to keep working your ass off throughout?

[email protected]

i don't have internet at my new place yet, but i will be on during work hours!!
(I am working as a web designer for UBC right now.. so MSN is definitely OK)

i look forward to hearing from all of you...
even ones who didn't get in, I will be happy to share my "pharm" journey...

Please share with me. :) I would be glad to listen.

Also, guys, what are the PCAT grades and GPA that guarantee an automatic in for UBC Pharm? What were YOUR PCAT grades and GPA?

Please share with me. :) I would be glad to listen.

Also, guys, what are the PCAT grades and GPA that guarantee an automatic in for UBC Pharm? What were YOUR PCAT grades and GPA?

To be honest, there is never any "guarantees" when it comes to UBC pharm. If you have 90%+ GPA and 99% PCAT, but have a poor interview, you won't get in.

I got in this year:

70% GPA (average was 75-80%)
80% PCAT (average was 85-90%)
Nailed the interview (probably what got me in)
BSc Biology
Pharmacy Technician Diploma
4 months working as a tech in a pharmacy

Your best bet is to be well-rounded and prove you really want it.

Hi guys,

I just got into UBC Pharmacy school and I'm going into my 2nd year of university. I'm really overwhelmed because I realize how many courses I have to take next year. I don't think I can handle my regular pharmacy workload plus all the extra classes so I was wondering which classes it would be better to take in the summer. In addition to my standard timetable, I have to take:

ANAT 390, CHEM 233, CHEM 235, MICB 202 201, PHYL 301, STAT 203, STAT 203

Does any one have any advice on which ones to take during the summer.

Hi guys,

I just got into UBC Pharmacy school and I'm going into my 2nd year of university. I'm really overwhelmed because I realize how many courses I have to take next year. I don't think I can handle my regular pharmacy workload plus all the extra classes so I was wondering which classes it would be better to take in the summer. In addition to my standard timetable, I have to take:

ANAT 390, CHEM 233, CHEM 235, MICB 202 201, PHYL 301, STAT 203, STAT 203

Does any one have any advice on which ones to take during the summer.

First of all, check which classes are offered in the summer. Not all of those classes are offered in the summer, and of course you won't be able to leave them all until the summer, since there may be potential scheduling conflicts. Note that if you do not complete first year pharmacy requirements by the end of summer of first year pharmacy, you WILL NOT be promoted to second year. Choose your schedule wisely.

PS you'll have better luck in the current thread (seriously this is the class of 2010 thread, which was started in 2006!)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=678260&page=30

Last edited: