Roll Call - Class of 2009/2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, everyone! I'm new here, but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who has already been accepted. It's exciting to see when you guys are accepted. I'm so ready for that feeling!! I have an interview scheduled for Dec. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. :scared: Well, I'll be back to post when I'm accepted *says a little prayer*

Members don't see this ad.

Add me to VCU!!! smchurch

FutureRxGal said:
Looks good! There are some schools missing, as ForgetMeNot pointed out. Check with www.aacp.org for a list of all of the schools. Also, in the FAQ, I have a list of schools that began this year and will open this coming year, so go ahead and add those to the list as well. :)

Anytime you need help with the list, just PM me. :)

For Albany & UCSF, I don't think they accept anyone yet. So whoever put their name on those 2 schools --> inaccurate information???

Members don't see this ad :)
janbran said:
For Albany & UCSF, I don't think they accept anyone yet. So whoever put their name on those 2 schools --> inaccurate information???

i got in last year but i had to defer due to a medical emergency right before the year started. so i'm starting in the fall in 06. i should have waited til later in the year so people wouldn't freak or be confused but i figured someone might have questions about the school that i could help out with.

sorry if i confused you.

tomrocks said:
i should have waited til later in the year so people wouldn't freak or be confused but i figured someone might have questions about the school that i could help out with.

I think you explained this clearly in your first post in this thread. Sometimes it's helpful for people to read all of the posts first. ;)

tomrocks said:
i got in last year but i had to defer right before the year started. so i'm starting in the fall in 06. i should have waited til later in the year so people wouldn't freak or be confused but i figured someone might have questions about the school that i could help out with.

sorry if i confused you.

Hi tomrocks,

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I saw your earlier post AFTER I sent the email.

UCSF is my first choice too. But I'm not sure if I have a chance or not since I turned my application ON the date it was due (11/1). Well, hopefully, with all my extracurricular and other activities BESIDES my grades would help. I'll let you know if I get an interview. Once again, Congratulation.

FutureRxGal said:
I think you explained this clearly in your first post in this thread. Sometimes it's helpful for people to read all of the posts first. ;)

Hello FutureRxGal,

Sorry, I saw the first post AFTER I sent the email :p .
But what about the one for Albany. I thought the school doesn't response untill end of March? Thanks

FutureRxGal said:

sorry about that.

janbran said:
Hi tomrocks,

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I saw your earlier post AFTER I sent the email.

UCSF is my first choice too. But I'm not sure if I have a chance or not since I turned my application ON the date it was due (11/1). Well, hopefully, with all my extracurricular and other activities BESIDES my grades would help. I'll let you know if I get an interview. Once again, Congratulation.

don't worry, i was told they don't look at any applications until after the due date so it doesn't matter when you turn it in as long as everything was on time. my grades weren't very spectacular (3.5 overall, and around 3.3 science) but i had pretty good extracurriculars (although none were pharm related, most were health related). good luck!

tomrocks said:
don't worry, i was told they don't look at any applications until after the due date so it doesn't matter when you turn it in as long as everything was on time. my grades weren't very spectacular (3.5 overall, and around 3.3 science) but i had pretty good extracurriculars (although none were pharm related, most were health related). good luck!

Thanks tomrocks. I just got an email from UCSF stating that they just received my complete files and they're processing right now. Wish me luck! :oops: .
By the way, did you apply to any other school (in/out CA) last year? How many, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still applying to more schools outside CA and I'm getting so tired.

janbran said:
They sent out the acceptance letter on 10/19. I got it one week later.
Note: I applied as early decision for Albany.

albany06 said:
They sent out the acceptance letter on 10/19. I got it one week later.
Note: I applied as early decision for Albany.

Hi,

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Congratulation to you.
When you applied for early decision, do you HAVE to attend that school? Can you still apply to OTHER schools?

janbran said:
Hi,

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Congratulation to you.
When you applied for early decision, do you HAVE to attend that school? Can you still apply to OTHER schools?
you can only apply to 1 school as early decision. Once you get accepted, pharmcas won't allow you to apply other schools. I think you can apply to non-pharmcas schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
albany06 said:
you can only apply to 1 school as early decision. Once you get accepted, pharmcas won't allow you to apply other schools. I think you can apply to non-pharmcas schools.

I should have thought of that. Well, I applied to Albany in Oct and they told me I will not know about the decision untill April. Geez, what a long way to wait. I'll grow SO old by then.

janbran said:
Thanks tomrocks. I just got an email from UCSF stating that they just received my complete files and they're processing right now. Wish me luck! :oops: .
By the way, did you apply to any other school (in/out CA) last year? How many, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still applying to more schools outside CA and I'm getting so tired.

i applied to ucsf only. due to some circumstances, i couldn't leave san francisco so ucsf was my only hope. i was thinking about uop and ucsd but ultimately, i decided that if i didnt get in, then i would reapply.

tom

You can add me to UT Memphis. YAY!! :thumbup:

Change my Mercer to itallics. That's how it stands for now :laugh:

DHG said:
You can add me to UT Memphis. YAY!! :thumbup:

Change my Mercer to itallics. That's how it stands for now :laugh:

Congratulations! They have a super quick response time. You just interviewed last wk, right? Do they call, send email? How was the interview process? laid back, stressful?

animal_lover said:
Congratulations! They have a super quick response time. You just interviewed last wk, right? Do they call, send email? How was the interview process? laid back, stressful?
I interviewed on Thursday and they called me the next day! The interview was very laid back and they really tried to make you comfortable. Not at all stressful. They just want to get to know you a little bit. Everyone there was very approachable, kind, and it seems that the dean and faculty really care about the students. Every student I talked to mentioned that it was like a "family" there. They all loved it. I'm glad I decided to apply there, because initially I was not keen on the idea of going to Memphis. I can't believe how much I loved it there.

Please add me to Touro AND Midwestern -Chicago Thanks.

you can add me to Midwestern-Downer's Grove!!!!!!woo hoo!

Add me to SWOSU!!

Please add me to Southwestern Oklahoma State University! (Spring 2006)
BTW, it's my first post... :oops:

FutureRxGal said:
Congrats! Were you admitted for this coming Spring or Fall?

Spring! We start the 12th of January. We start enrolling for classes in like two weeks

gracie120 said:
Please add me to Southwestern Oklahoma State University! (Spring 2006)
BTW, it's my first post... :oops:

Hey~ Do you know where you are going to live? Are you going to pre-enroll? ( I was accepted for SWOSU as well for the spring semester) Private mail me sometime, maybe we can meet up at the orientation

BlondieRX said:
Hey~ Do you know where you are going to live? Are you going to pre-enroll? ( I was accepted for SWOSU as well for the spring semester) Private mail me sometime, maybe we can meet up at the orientation

Hey~ BlondieRX!!!! I guess we're on the same boat!!! :)

I'm not from Oklahoma, and I have no idea where to start with apartment search. I need to look pretty soon, and I'm going to pre-enroll.

Yeah!! I'll message you sometime, and let's meet up at the orientation!

janbran said:

How come I didn't get that UCSF email yet? I sent mine in 10/27? :confused:

blizz said:
How come I didn't get that UCSF email yet? I sent mine in 10/27? :confused:

Did you also submit PHARMCAS on the same day? I submitted mine on 11/1 and they cashed my check on 11/18. The letter UCSF sent me was dated 11/18. Check you "Bulk" folder too. May be it's still in there. Check to see if they cashed your check or not. Good luck.

janbran said:
Did you also submit PHARMCAS on the same day? I submitted mine on 11/1 and they cashed my check on 11/18. The letter UCSF sent me was dated 11/18. Check you "Bulk" folder too. May be it's still in there. Check to see if they cashed your check or not. Good luck.

I sent in my PharmCAS app way back in September, it was mailed to them October 10th. I also checked my bulk folder and my statements for checks cashed. No luck. I'm really worried and mad at the same time. I hope they received my application.

blizz said:
I sent in my PharmCAS app way back in September, it was mailed to them October 10th. I also checked my bulk folder and my statements for checks cashed. No luck. I'm really worried and mad at the same time. I hope they received my application.

I just double checked my bank statement and the checked was cashed on 11/21, not 11/18. Since the school closed on 11/24 & 11/25, I'm sure they just haven't get a chance to sent you the email yet. Don't worry, I re-read the email and all it mentioned was that they received the complete application and are waiting to be process. I was told that for UCSF, everything is processed randomly. Thoses who turned application in earlier would still have to wait till after 11/1 for their app to be reviewed. If you don't hear anything by this week, may be you should email them.

Beside UCSF, did you apply to any other CA schools? Have you heard back from any of them?

blizz said:

I'm in a similar situation. I sent my PharmCas back in Sept, but mailed my supp app on 11/1. I finally got an email last week saying that my application was INCOMPLETE. :mad: Apparently, one of my LORs from PharmCas is missing (which shouldn't be because PharmCas sent everything out). Maybe they are taking a while cus they have a ton of applications that they need to sort out. I actually called the office before I got the email and they said if you don't hear from them by mid-Dec ( I forgot the exact date), then something might be wrong. You might want to try calling the office to double check.

cheesygal said:
I'm in a similar situation. I sent my PharmCas back in Sept, but mailed my supp app on 11/1. I finally got an email last week saying that my application was INCOMPLETE. :mad: Apparently, one of my LORs from PharmCas is missing (which shouldn't be because PharmCas sent everything out). Maybe they are taking a while cus they have a ton of applications that they need to sort out. I actually called the office before I got the email and they said if you don't hear from them by mid-Dec ( I forgot the exact date), then something might be wrong. You might want to try calling the office to double check.
Sorry to hear about your problems cheesygal. :(

I couldn't imagine why they would tell you a LOR was missing unless you submitted less than 3 LORs... or were missing a LOR from someone who knows you through your "college-level academic work".

From UCSF website:
You must provide exactly 3 recommendations. If you submit fewer than 3 recommendations, your application will be considered incomplete and is subject to cancellation. If you submit more than 3 recommendations, additional ones will be discarded. At least 1 recommendation should be from a person who knows you through your college-level academic work.

ICA said:
Sorry to hear about your problems cheesygal. :(

I couldn't imagine why they would tell you a LOR was missing unless you submitted less than 3 LORs... or were missing a LOR from someone who knows you through your "college-level academic work".

From UCSF website:

Hey ICA! Thanks for your concern! =) To be honest, I think UCSF lost my rec. letter. Well, either that or it got lost in the mail. Anywho, I asked PharmCas to resend it, so hopefully it'll be ok. If not, then that'll really suck (because it's reallllllllllllly not my fault that the letter is missing!). *sigh*

cheesygal said:
Hey ICA! Thanks for your concern! =) To be honest, I think UCSF lost my rec. letter. Well, either that or it got lost in the mail. Anywho, I asked PharmCas to resend it, so hopefully it'll be ok. If not, then that'll really suck (because it's reallllllllllllly not my fault that the letter is missing!). *sigh*

I thought for UCSF, we have to send letters DIRECTLY to the school, but NOT to Pharmcas. Well, I was told that and so I sent three LOR directly to UCSF??? Isn't that what you guys did too??????

janbran said:
I thought for UCSF, we have to send letters DIRECTLY to the school, but NOT to Pharmcas. Well, I was told that and so I sent three LOR directly to UCSF??? Isn't that what you guys did too??????

That's true, it says that they prefer you send your LORs directly to UCSF, not PharmCAS. However, they still take LORs from PharmCAS. Thanks for the advice janbran, I didn't know that their apps were processed randomly, that is a big relief. if I don't hear anything by mid-December then I'll call their office.

I applied to UCSD and they cashed my check but I didn't receive an email from them. I also applied to USC and they were very prompt in telling me that they received my application.

blizz said:
That's true, it says that they prefer you send your LORs directly to UCSF, not PharmCAS. However, they still take LORs from PharmCAS. Thanks for the advice janbran, I didn't know that their apps were processed randomly, that is a big relief. if I don't hear anything by mid-December then I'll call their office.

I applied to UCSD and they cashed my check but I didn't receive an email from them. I also applied to USC and they were very prompt in telling me that they received my application.

I guess it's my turn to worry now since I sent USC even before UCSF and up to today, I still haven't heard from USC yet. Did they email or sent you a letter about the status blizz? And as for UOP & Midwestern, haven't heard from them either. How about you? Did you apply to those 2 schools blizz???

janbran said:

Oh, no...you don't have to. I went to their supplemental app. workshop and we were told that it wasn't mandatory to submit Form E. I also called and spoke w/ James (one of the admissions people) just to double check. He said using PharmCas's LOR service is fine cus a good letter is still a good letter. :oops: I trust that my 3 LORs were good. :D

cheesygal said:
Oh, no...you don't have to. I went to their supplemental app. workshop and we were told that it wasn't mandatory to submit Form E. I also called and spoke w/ James (one of the admissions people) just to double check. He said using PharmCas's LOR service is fine cus a good letter is still a good letter. :oops: I trust that my 3 LORs were good. :D

Thanks for sharing the info. I wish I knew about this while I was completing my app for UCSF. I felt so bad cuz I had to ask all my profs to redo their LORs. Well, they were nice enough to do everything over. I'm glad I found this site, though a little late. I guess it's better LATE than NEVER right. Thanks you guys :love:

janbran said:
I guess it's my turn to worry now since I sent USC even before UCSF and up to today, I still haven't heard from USC yet. Did they email or sent you a letter about the status blizz? And as for UOP & Midwestern, haven't heard from them either. How about you? Did you apply to those 2 schools blizz???

Janbran, I didn't apply to UOP or Midwestern, however I have a friend who said she interviewed (or has been invited to interview) at UOP. She sent her app way back in the summer though.

As for USC, they sent me everything by email. You might want to contact Sara Heredia <[email protected]> if you want to know the status of your application, she was very helpful in confirming that all parts of my application were in. Also, you can contact Xin Gong <[email protected]> she is the main coordinator for the pharm school and emailed me my lacking pre-reqs I have to take before Fall 06. I would wait for the email from USC, I'm sure they are emailing students as they review them. :D This waiting game is very tiring!

blizz said:
Janbran, I didn't apply to UOP or Midwestern, however I have a friend who said she interviewed (or has been invited to interview) at UOP. She sent her app way back in the summer though.

As for USC, they sent me everything by email. You might want to contact Sara Heredia <[email protected]> if you want to know the status of your application, she was very helpful in confirming that all parts of my application were in. Also, you can contact Xin Gong <[email protected]> she is the main coordinator for the pharm school and emailed me my lacking pre-reqs I have to take before Fall 06. I would wait for the email from USC, I'm sure they are emailing students as they review them. :D This waiting game is very tiring!

Thanks blizz. I know, this waiting time is killing me :scared: . I checked my email SO MANY times everyday. It's driving me nuts. Well, hopefully all the patience will pay off soon :) . By the way, I mean "Western University" even though I typed Midwestern. So did you apply to "Western" also?

janbran said:
Thanks blizz. I know, this waiting time is killing me :scared: . I checked my email SO MANY times everyday. It's driving me nuts. Well, hopefully all the patience will pay off soon :) . By the way, I mean "Western University" even though I typed Midwestern. So did you apply to "Western" also?

No, I didn't apply to Western. I should've applied to more schools though. :rolleyes:

Can you add me to Pacific University :love: thanks

Please add me to Nova Southeastern University in FL (italicized). :) Thanks!

Please add me to Nova Southeastern University in FL and Mercer in GA.

Thank You

Please add me to Nova Thanks!

Please add me to Shanandoah and NSU,

but I will be attending Nova Southeastern University!!!! :D :)

Please add me to USC

please add me to USC---for now :)