ROL CERTIFIED! Who else?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent an e-mail to all of the people who interviewed me at my #1. I heard back from the "big cheese" of the department saying that they all liked me and that they hope I rank them highly. I know that this guy doesn't send e-mails to everyone, he's way too busy for that. However, the question is: does it make me think that I have a good chance at getting in there? Answer: not for a second. My point is that even if you guys were all getting letters from people at your #1 places, you wouldn't feel any better, trust me. Plus, if I were a PD and someone sent me an e-mail saying that they were planning on ranking my program highly, it wouldn't change the bottom line. I'd rank the best above the rest no matter how much butt kissing the applicants did. :thumbdown: :laugh:
Just keeping it real.:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

It's ok to worry. But it's also ok for us to tell you not to worry. And by the way we are all peons so join the club. ;)

Yes and this was a noncondescending way to say it unlike the previous posts.Besides wouldn't a little neuroticism be normal right about now? No actually i am more just tire dof the process now. I am so tired that i think that i woudl sign up at walmart to get my path residency right about now...

No way to tell, don't sweat it.

Here's a dilemma for you:

I emailed my #1 and let them know. I emailed another program I am ranking very highly and told them that I am highly interested, but after sending the email, I realized that it might have gone to an address that the PD no longer uses. I never heard anything back (nor was the email returned), so I have been debating whether or not to re-send it to what I believe is the correct address.

I'm leaning towards no, since I got the email address off the program's website, but I believe a key part of the address was missing from the email that I sent....even though I should have gotten it back otherwise :laugh:

How's that for ya?

:laugh: This is the neuroticism and humor I was expecting at this point.
with my #1 the song "ain't to proud to beg" came to mind! Then I figured i told them over and over and over and over they were my number 1 so i either annoyed them or they got the message and figured they don't have to court me! :laugh:
i want to just sit in a dark corner and open my envelope...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm, haven't actually seen a lot of ROL's in this thread? :rolleyes:

UCSF
Stanford
Penn
Wash U
U Wash
BWH
BIDMC
MGH
Hopkins

1. Michigan
2. UCSF
3. Yale
4. OHSU
5. UCLA
6. UCSD
7. Emory
8. MCW
9. BIDMC

:laugh: This is the neuroticism and humor I was expecting at this point.
with my #1 the song "ain't to proud to beg" came to mind! Then I figured i told them over and over and over and over they were my number 1 so i either annoyed them or they got the message and figured they don't have to court me! :laugh:
i want to just sit in a dark corner and open my envelope...

I'll just be so happy if I even get to open an envelope.....:D

good point sapience8x...it is completely presumptuous of me to think i would end up at my first choice...unfortunately, every time that i escape to CA for any period of time, i get sucked back into the midwest somehow, it's just fate. this time, the draw is the nicest program i have found out there, (well, for me anyways). i guess i may never get rid of my windshield scraper or long underwear :rolleyes:

#1 MGH
#2 BWH
#3 UPENN
#4 Yale
#5 Michigan
#6 Hopkins
#7 U Washington
#8 Stanford
#9 UCSF

I just realized that my list is in reverse order of decent weather. I must be a true New Englander.

Are we posting ROLs in this thread or the "Final ROL" thread? Man, I need to know these things. You guys have me all confused. Anyway...

1. Stanford
2. UCSF
3. U Washington
4. BWH
5. UCLA
6. BIDMC
7. MGH
8. UCSD

I'd be stoked if I matched at 1, 2, or 3. Here's to not worrying about it until March 15...

Here we go....

1. IU
2. Yale
3. Ohio State U
4. U Nebraska
5. U Louisville
6. U Kansas
7. Tufts/Baystate
8. ETSU
9. WVU

I'll be stoked if I don't have to scramble:D :laugh:

I'll be stoked if I don't have to scramble either, and I'm only ranking 4 programs....here's to definitely trying not to think about it for the next three weeks....

I'll be stoked if I don't have to scramble either, and I'm only ranking 4 programs....here's to definitely trying not to think about it for the next three weeks....

Good luck Vaderize! :) hope to hear that you get your #1 in 3 weeks.