ROL advice for DO IM applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimBone905

OMS4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, was wondering if I could get advice on my rank list. I'd like to do have my options open for fellowship and want good training. Want to stay in/near NYC. Here is my list in the order I was thinking of submitting

Stonybrook main
Maimonides
SUNY upstate - (not nyc but I like the program)
Mt sinai (Beth israel)
SUNY downstate
NYP methodist
NYU brooklyn
Northwell SIUH
Kent/brown - RI
Lehigh valley med center
Northwell Mather
Stonybrook south hampton

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would like all options open but likely gi/cards/pccm
Are there university programs that you interviewed at outside of the city since those programs will make things difficult in terms of matching to the subspecialties listed in other words if you have the option to leave the city for a university program that would be the better option

Are there university programs that you interviewed at outside of the city since those programs will make things difficult in terms of matching to the subspecialties listed in other words if you have the option to leave the city for a university program that would be the better option
Not really

Hey, was wondering if I could get advice on my rank list. I'd like to do have my options open for fellowship and want good training. Want to stay in/near NYC. Here is my list in the order I was thinking of submitting

Stonybrook main
Maimonides
SUNY upstate - (not nyc but I like the program)
Mt sinai (Beth israel)
SUNY downstate
NYP methodist
NYU brooklyn
Northwell SIUH
Kent/brown - RI
Lehigh valley med center
Northwell Mather
Stonybrook south hampton

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have other academic programs outside of nyc area?

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. Didn't get much love outside of nyc for some reason.
Go with the academic programs SUNY and stony Brooke. Your list is strange. It’s like only NY programs. There’s many good university IM programs in the northeast that are DO friendly from where I would have thought you got some love from

Yeah I still applied to a lot of programs but idk why I didn't get anything from others.

Maybe I have some red flags? I wasnt told by anyone that i have red flags so idk i applied to like .... 150 programs lol..... I don't rly want to be outside of NY anyway though tbh

Yeah I still applied to a lot of programs but idk why I didn't get anything from others.

Maybe I have some red flags? I wasnt told by anyone that i have red flags so idk i applied to like .... 150 programs lol..... I don't rly want to be outside of NY anyway though tbh
Not wanting to be outside for 3 years vs not practicing your desired specialty for 30 years. Perspective.

Not wanting to be outside for 3 years vs not practicing your desired specialty for 30 years. Perspective.
It's not like I didn't apply broadly, I just didn't get many uni interviews outside for some reason