Rol 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In reading these posts, I am repeatedly amazed at the range of perspectives/what applicants want in programs, and how that leads to an even greater diversity of ROLs. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Also, if you haven't already, please consider adding your data to the latest edition of the SDN EM applicant survey. Help future applicants make informed decisions regarding interviewing and the Match.

Members don't see this ad.

I waited until after the match, but here's my 2010 ROL to maybe help out the class of 2011.

My top 5:
1. UCSF-Fresno
- Solid program, plus I live just outside of Fresno so I like the valley.
2. UC Irvine
- Small group, beautiful SoCal, everyone was happy.. didn't think that the low pt volume is a big deal, you will get the experience you need.
3. UC Davis
- Great facility, Sac-town is more hippy-ish than I expected.
4. Loma Linda
- Nice PD, ED is small, don't worry about the caffiene restrictions, cost of living is great for SoCal
5. UCSF-SFGH
- I love the Bay, but its expensive and not terribly family friendly, high cost of living. I would have been happy here as well. The faculty is great.

In no particular order:
Cook County
- more medicine than i was expecting, 4-yrs of Chi-town winters brought it down my list. PD is great even though he went to stanfurd.
Kern-UCLA
- loads of exposure, i think residents here get to do a whole lot more than at other programs.. one resident did a burr hole on a pt 30min prior to my interview, lol.
UIC
- great group of residents, some faculty are just super amazing and some not so much.. three hospital sites provide loads of variety.
Resurrection
- reminded me of UIC, but a little detached from downtown.. better/newer housing/schools in the burbs. you also rotated through other facilities to get a wide range of experiences. Its also the main hospital for O'hare, may get to see lots of zebra's.
UI Peoria
- farther from chicago than I was expecting. flight program really caught my interest, cost of living is cheap. hospital was doing very well and new expansion (ED) should be fun.

bump - any interns or others who didn't contribute care to add their ROLs? Useful for those of us who are starting to develop our own!