% right on UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me... or is the % right a little messed up ?

75% of people get a Q about Patau syndrome right... And only 28% of ppl get a simple biostats problem right.

I guess you can tell which Q I got wrong & which Q I got right. :rolleyes:

WTF. I guess I just don't know what planet I've been on the past 2 yrs... 'cuz facts like that (about Patau's syndrome or Chediak-Higashi syndrome or what have you) just fly right over my head... maybe it was talked about for 5 minutes in class at some point, but certainly not to the extent of lectures on diabetes, for example.

Therefore, I totally didn't retain the info. And I'm often left wondering "how do you guys know this stuff" ???

Is it actually from lectures on the material? Or is it simply from "general knowledge" that people had even before med school ?

'cuz this kind of thing started happening day 1 of med school, when people would just "know" clinical facts, and I had no clue. Maybe if I had been a die-hard "pre-med" from earlier on in life, I'd know some of this stuff ?

Anyway... I guess it doesn't matter, 'cuz I just need to suck it up & know it for step 1. Just wanted to complain a bit. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Is it just me... or is the % right a little messed up ?

75% of people get a Q about Patau syndrome right... And only 28% of ppl get a simple biostats problem right.

I guess you can tell which Q I got wrong & which Q I got right. :rolleyes:

WTF. I guess I just don't know what planet I've been on the past 2 yrs... 'cuz facts like that (about Patau's syndrome or Chediak-Higashi syndrome or what have you) just fly right over my head... maybe it was talked about for 5 minutes in class at some point, but certainly not to the extent of lectures on diabetes, for example.

Therefore, I totally didn't retain the info. And I'm often left wondering "how do you guys know this stuff" ???

Is it actually from lectures on the material? Or is it simply from "general knowledge" that people had even before med school ?

'cuz this kind of thing started happening day 1 of med school, when people would just "know" clinical facts, and I had no clue. Maybe if I had been a die-hard "pre-med" from earlier on in life, I'd know some of this stuff ?

Anyway... I guess it doesn't matter, 'cuz I just need to suck it up & know it for step 1. Just wanted to complain a bit. ;)
Ive decided med students cant do math..cause some of these biostat percentages are ridculously low....like 50% of ppl missing how to calculate Sensitivity? wtf

Maybe people just memorize FA and biostats is not a well covered subject in the books, so it is possible to answer a patau syndrome question and don't know how to solve a simple biostats problem..

UWorld makes you second guess yourself on the easy answers because you expect it to be like a bad M Night Shamlaslsflkw movie. The easiest question can have the most obscure reference for its answer. Sometimes this bites me in the rectum when I do my NBMEs.

UWorld makes you second guess yourself on the easy answers because you expect it to be like a bad M Night Shamlaslsflkw movie. The easiest question can have the most obscure reference for its answer. Sometimes this bites me in the rectum when I do my NBMEs.

Hear hear