Riding on Sunday - what to wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrWanahbe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, gang, this is an embarassing question.

I will be riding this Sunday with the paramedics of my father's firehouse. I have no idea what to wear beyond my hiking shoes, which are at least water resistant, and a really old pair of jeans. I know I should dress in layers and wear black or navy.

Any great ideas? I don't want to be bulky, but I do want to be warm...I get cold easily.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm....ok.

Does it make any difference that I'm a woman? (Probably not!) I can see what you mean on the jeans, I'm just thinking from a "getting dirty" perspective since there will be snow, ice, and mud, I'm sure, since I'm in the upper midwest. I'm sure I have navy or black pants I can wear, although it was my father who told me the jeans.

What about for a coat? All of my coats are definitely not appropriate, so I may have to make a goodwill trip. Any suggestions on what I should get beyond some kind of nylon/easily wipeable fabric?

What docB said.

You won't be outside much, and when you are, you won't notice the cold. I wouldnt bother with a professional looking jacket.

For the buttondown shirt, might want to wear a color thats different from what the medics wear, but still professional...black, white, navy, grey. That might be why your dad suggested jeans.