Review resource for lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Incoming OMSI. Looking at some of the external resources that are out there to use in conjunction with lecture in first year. Other than using FA and Anki, what are some people using? I’ve read really good things about Boards and Beyond. Anyone know how these compare with Osmosis and Lecturio? I plan on using Pathoma and Sketchy as well when needed. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

BnB is a good place to start if you are looking for an "objective" board resource to study alongside lectures. In my personal experience, lectures were relatively decent first year. However, it's second year when the stress of studying for boards becomes real and the curriculum starts bringing in "clinician" lecturers that you really have to choose board resources over anything else.

Personally I feel like starting FA first semester is a bit premature.

Keep in mind that first semester is all about what is gonna work for you to survive M1 and M2. You can set a bunch of standards and plans for yourself and you may or may not stick to them. Just be flexible and find what works for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice! My plan for using FA is really just getting used to the outline of how the info is presented and just start seeing that high yield info over and over while I'm studying. Especially because with my school's curriculum, we start our first systems block in like october or november.

Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming OMSI. Looking at some of the external resources that are out there to use in conjunction with lecture in first year. Other than using FA and Anki, what are some people using? I’ve read really good things about Boards and Beyond. Anyone know how these compare with Osmosis and Lecturio? I plan on using Pathoma and Sketchy as well when needed. Thanks for the help!

A vote for physeo. Has by far the best biochem/biostats videos of any resource I’ve used.

Prioritize using outside materials during M1. You’ll quickly be shocked by how much material your school is missing

Boards and Beyond. For sure. As far as First aid, don’t look ahead. But do study alongside your material/curriculum. Like if you’re in biochemistry look at that part of first aid, but don’t just blindly start reading the clinical stuff.

Boards and Beyond. For sure. As far as First aid, don’t look ahead. But do study alongside your material/curriculum. Like if you’re in biochemistry look at that part of first aid, but don’t just blindly start reading the clinical stuff.

That’s what I’m leaning towards. Everything I’ve read about B&B is saying it’s like the Pathoma of everything else. But for FA yeah that’s my goal. I’m going to put it into a 3 ring binder that way I can use whatever I need for what block I’m in. It doesn’t really make much sense without a good foundation anyway.