review books for biochem, physiology, and genetics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lattimer13

good boy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of getting one or more review books for biochem, physiology, and/or genetics to supplement our texts and notes. actually our biochem instructor does not even require a text so i was thinking of using a review book as well for practice questions. anyone have any recommendations for any of these subjects? what about social and behavioral sciences? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Lippincott's apperas to be the standard for biochem, although Mosby's Rapid Review is nice and concise. May not get into enough detail for class however, but looks like a quality book for the boards.

I used lippincot's review when i had biochem. I thought it was great. When you start to study biochem for boards, this will be way too in depth, though. I couldn't imagine going back through that again. But for class, it's great!

BRS for physiology is great, in terms of conciseness and practice questions. The one for behavioral science wasn't too bad either.