Reversal of androgenic alopecia in Lung Cancer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deathmerchant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this? I have a patient who just presented with weight loss and headache- found to have CA lung (most likely, biopsy pending) and a cerebellar lesion. He has always been completely bald but over the past few months, his hair have grown back and now has a full head of hair!!

Im guessing its some kind of paraneoplastic phenomenon, but I couldn't find any info?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard of this? I have a patient who just presented with weight loss and headache- found to have CA lung (most likely, biopsy pending) and a cerebellar lesion. He has always been completely bald but over the past few months, his hair have grown back and now has a full head of hair!!

Im guessing its some kind of paraneoplastic phenomenon, but I couldn't find any info?

Write it up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Write it up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m in a small private hospital, and also I’m neuro. I’m more interested in this to see if someone can do some research and find out- may be clues to hair loss!

Members don't see this ad :)

Just guessing here, reflecting back on some of my Step1 memory.

could it be that the cancer cells releasing large amount of aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen?

Just guessing here, reflecting back on some of my Step1 memory.

could it be that the cancer cells releasing large amount of aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen?

yea that or some kind of DHT receptor blocking antibody or may be something else. But none of the medicines that block testosterone work that much for hair gain like in this guy. If I or someone can find a way to test him in a lab, it could be a game changer for hair loss.

Please hurry. My hair may not last much longer.

Reactions: 5 users