Retina Fellowship 2010 - Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cornell - 11/19 (email 9/20)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BPEI 11.13 (email 9.22)

MCW 10.8 (email 9.21)

Does anyone know what time the Wilmer dinner starts on Saturday, Oct 9th?

Shuttle picks everyone up from Wilmer at 3:30PM to take everyone to the faculty member's house.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from CPMC/West Coast Retina?

Cincinnati - email 9/22, interview on 10/30

CPMC replied to me on 9/21: We are reviewing the applications at this time, but have not made any decision yet regarding interviews. We will notify you as soon as we complete this process.

To all those who got the Beaumont mass rejection: nice to meet you!!! :)

LOL! I wonder how many people applied there, I counted 69! recipients to that rejection email.

That was hilarious...whatever happened to professionalism in the retina world!!:laugh:

Has anybody heard from Duke or Iowa?

Has anybody heard from Duke or Iowa?

I know Duke had not offered as of about 1 week ago. Don't know about Iowa

On a similar note, anyone heard from Univ Kentucky.

how about UPenn, Northwestern, or Colorado - anyone heard from these programs?

Anyone wishing to change their morning MCW interview to the afternoon interview please message me. It would be a huge help with my travel plans! Thank you in advance.

I know Duke had not offered as of about 1 week ago. Don't know about Iowa

On a similar note, anyone heard from Univ Kentucky.

this isn't from me but someone i met on the interview trail had an interview @ kentucky. take that for what it's worth :)

national retina institute - 11/13 by e-mail 9/27

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the interview date of iowa even if they haven't sent out interviews?

University of Kentucky - 10/29 by e-mail 09/28

any idea of what's a better program? Univ of Kentucky or Rochester? Thanks in advance

Cincinnati - email 9/22, interview on 10/30

CPMC replied to me on 9/21: We are reviewing the applications at this time, but have not made any decision yet regarding interviews. We will notify you as soon as we complete this process.

Thanks! Did CPMC mention if their interview was still 10/24 (that's what's listed on SF Match)? I'm trying to figure out flights and want to know if I should hold off on a return flight or book it now...

Thanks! Did CPMC mention if their interview was still 10/24 (that's what's listed on SF Match)? I'm trying to figure out flights and want to know if I should hold off on a return flight or book it now...

They didn't mention anything about the interview date.

10/11 or 11/1 (via email 9/30) - 1/2 day morning interviews

CPMC rejection email (09/30)

CPMC Two day event: 10/24 (Sunday!) PM interview. 10/25 AM GR and Tour.

Iowa - wait list for dates of 11/1, 11/10, and 11/18. If you're not going to the interview please pass it along!

Invites will go out sometime next week.

Interview dates will be 11.12/13

LSU by e-mail last week

Anyone heard from Alabama??

I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight into the two programs below. Albany with Paul Beer/Naomi Falk and Houston with Joseph Kawly/Michael Lambert. Both interviews are on the same day and I will have to decline one as neither will provide another day.

Any advice regarding the programs, any known strengths/weaknesses of each, would be helpful.

Thank you!

Will be flying to Hawaii. hope weather is nice.

Last edited:
Anybody from last year know what to expect for match day. Seems I remember someone saying they heard Sunday night? Also on SFMatch they have a tab "match results". Will this show where we match on Monday?

More nervous for this match than I was for residency.

Anybody from last year know what to expect for match day. Seems I remember someone saying they heard Sunday night? Also on SFMatch they have a tab "match results". Will this show where we match on Monday?

More nervous for this match than I was for residency.

What to expect? A mad rush for 'vacancy' positions in timbucktwo and owego, nigeria for the 4 retina spots that no one wanted. :)

You get an email early in the morning match day from sfmatch saying that you matched somewhere, you just don't know where because the email does not specify. That same morning I received a call from my program director welcoming me to the program. I think the next day I received an official email from sfmatch confirming my program.

Good luck to all.

Goood luck everyone!!!

Hopefully everyone knows this know but they actually post WHERE you matched on SFMatch now. Congrats to everyone, I hope you all are happy. I am.