Retina CME Topics

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyeeye_captain

All pirate, no patch
Reaction score
Retina guy here. I occasionally give CME lectures to the local optometry societies, which is cool to connect with colleagues, let folks get CME, and get a decent dinner. I'm starting to run out of topics and don't want to recycle lectures. What would you recommend to be actually useful for a talk?

Members don't see this ad.

For me I like relevant things between my relationship with our Retina Docs. Just reminders on things that should be seen and maybe some things like could be monitored. We know that Retina is very busy and we are a conservative bunch and usually prefer to have patients seen but also don't want to waste your time as well. If there was anything that we could do to help you out would be nice, in the end we are all trying to do our best for the patient.

I like to know what is normal and not normal for post-op visits if you co-manage or what would be your threshold for seeing them back.

When to refer for certain surgeries. Like that 20/25 vision with that macular pucker probably doesn't need a consult.

Update if there was any interesting pathologies popping up. We have been having some cases of white dot syndrome around here lately.

Overall I'd just convey to them to feel comfortable referring anything they aren't comfortable with. When I was just starting out I had a younger Retina doc approach me and say hey feel free to refer anytime and don't feel embarrassed we are all trying to do oru best and that really stuck with me.