Retaking classes that qualify for dual-enrollment credit?

Kyotis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted for privacy

Thanks a lot :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is my first post on SDN. I'm a high school senior (which means I'm naive & need much guidance!).

For my junior and senior years, I have been taking community college dual-enrollment credit classes (that include lab cred). Among these are two pre-med reqs: general biology and chemistry. I will be matriculating to UVA this fall & am going to transfer all of the credits I've racked up so far (bio, chem, stats, calc I & II, some other classes that get bio creds).

I am wondering if I should retake general bio & chem at the university level? I have gotten B's in all semesters of bio and chem. I know that if you transfer the credits, the grades will not transfer and therefore not be in the GPA calculation. However, when you submit the AMCAS, you will submit the grades of the dual-enrollment credit (do they recalculate your GPA?).

Is it best to retake for reinforcement of concepts, GPA padding and/or just so I can get used to college during my first semester? Or go ahead and take higher level courses because the credits are sufficient?

Thanks a lot :)

I wouldn't retake a B. You'll have more than enough time to boost your GPA by getting A's in your courses at UVA :)