Retaking classes in post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexl123

Reaction score
I am in post-bacc at CSUEB and I am almost finished but my advisor recommended I take some more chemistry classes before I graduate. She recommended Biochemistry II so I registered but after our first day of class I realized its very similar to a class I took in undergraduate that was on biometabolism. I got a B- in this class but it was four years ago. All of the other chemistry classes are full in our program right now as well.

Should I continue with this class to get review for the MCAT and take more chemistry before applying or would it be better to take a new chemistry class at another school? Will admissions see this class as a repeat of a class I took as an undergraduate?

Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

They will see your B- as a red flag. Take Biochem II, earn an A, redemption. Simultaneously study for the MCAT. Having just taken it as a nontrad who had not taken Gen Chem, Gen Physics and Gen Biol in over a decade, I hobbled bigly. Biochem II is largely about metabolic pathways. Know them cold. The course will help you but don’t ignore the MCAT prep
Thank you! I am starting MCAT prep and realizing how much biochemistry I forgot! I appreciate your help :)

Reactions: 1 user
They will see your B- as a red flag. Take Biochem II, earn an A, redemption. Simultaneously study for the MCAT. Having just taken it as a nontrad who had not taken Gen Chem, Gen Physics and Gen Biol in over a decade, I hobbled bigly. Biochem II is largely about metabolic pathways. Know them cold. The course will help you but don’t ignore the MCAT prep
Chemistry is my weakest subject, would it look better to take more chemistry before I apply while studying for MCAT or would it be too much? I have one other chemistry class on nucleic acids this semester other than biochemistry