Retaking a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted259194

Can someone clarify to me the process of replacing a grade if you retake a class. Say you made a C on ur first attempt in a class and you retake and got an A. Do they drop the C from ur gpa and replace it with an A? so that ur gpa will be different?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe they count the C and the A. Your gpa would still include the C you took.

but some school allow the replacement deal, will that not replace the c?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're applying through PTCAS, they will average the two grades. Even so, some schools recalculate your GPA according to their own standards. In short, like almost every other question on here, it depends on the school -- ask them. Good luck.

I think that regardless of whether or not the grade is replaced or averaged during calculation of the GPA, the initial grade still shows up on your transcript, so the PT school you're applying to will likely see the original grade.

I think that regardless of whether or not the grade is replaced or averaged during calculation of the GPA, the initial grade still shows up on your transcript, so the PT school you're applying to will likely see the original grade.

Hey Buddy, I noticed some of the harsh replies you have been getting. I received 1 C as a freshman and I debated for a long time if I should retake it. I called each school about applying, talked to my advisor, talked with a PT and concluded that 1 C (even in a pre-req) did not kill my chances of acceptance. 2 of the schools took the highest grade earned, and 3 of the schools averaged the two grades...you have to call the program.
My point is, don't loose any sleep over that 1 C like I did.