Retake a D in Calc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedBF

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted a about my wife's postbacc scheduling on here before, but she is registering for (hopefully) her final two semesters, and I want make sure our thinking is still solid before it's too late.

She made 4 Ds in undergrad: Ochem 1, Ochem 2, Medical Physiology, and Calc 1. She has already retaken and got As in both Ochem classes at her PB university. She is planning to sign up for Medical Physiology even though it is typically a suggested class, not a pre req based on previous advice here (but still open to feedback on this).

So that leaves Calc 1. Many schools have moved away from Calc as a pre req, and will now take statistics. My wife got a B in stats in undergrad. We have also called all of our in state med schools and they have suggested they are pretty open to just seeing upper division courses, but we haven't called out of state schools. She would also highly prefer to do an upper division bio class if she could. And my feeling has been that she will have already demonstrated her ability to master material she had trouble with in undergrad from the Ochem classes and Physiology.

So with all that, we are leaning towards her not redoing calculus, but would appreciate any other input.

Members don't see this ad.