Retake a 508??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist926

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some advice about whether I should retake a 508 129/127/126/126.

I studied really hard and for a long time and have no exhausted all rn material so I’m not sure if I will be able to improve or how I will know that I’ve improved. But my best section p/s had a pretty big drop that I was not expecting.

I’m an ORM with a 4.0 gpa at a small school and pretty solid extracurriculars I am passionate about and looking to apply to low tier MD and DO. I’m really hoping for a chance for a low tied MD although I know I would have better luck with DO esp bc I live in a state where the avg mcat is between 512-514.

Do you recommend I retake or is low tier MD possible with my score? I’m not sure how many points plus or minus from an average I should consider as a target school and whether having 126 subsections may be an issue.

Any advice would be great thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly think if you want to make an MD you should retake, especially if you were practice testing higher.

For MD, Yes

At least, 508 wasn't enough for me