Retain Residency after Moving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tstn2799

Reaction score
I have lived in Ohio for my entire life, but I am considering living and working in Michigan during my gap year. This move would not occur until late June or July, well after my primary application has been submitted. Would I still be considered as an in-state applicant for both admissions and tuition purposes? Or would this move result in me giving up my Ohio residency? Are there ways that I can maintain my Ohio residency while not living full time in the state? I am aware that it is possible to be considered a resident of two states at the same time (although I know you have to pay state taxes to both states,) would this allow me to retain an in-state status?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I have lived in Ohio for my entire life, but I am considering living and working in Michigan during my gap year. This move would not occur until late June or July, well after my primary application has been submitted. Would I still be considered as an in-state applicant for both admissions and tuition purposes? Or would this move result in me giving up my Ohio residency? Are there ways that I can maintain my Ohio residency while not living full time in the state? I am aware that it is possible to be considered a resident of two states at the same time (although I know you have to pay state taxes to both states,) would this allow me to retain an in-state status?

Thank you in advance.
Read what the domicility/state of residency rules are for the relevant schools on your list. Then call the admissions staff at those schools.

Reactions: 1 user