Resume tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redarmy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been working in retail as staff pharmacist for over 6 years ever since I graduated. Corporate wants me to become a RXM but I declined several times.
I'm trying to get out of retail and seek jobs in other places but dont know how to have my resume look outstanding.
Any tips that you guys can share?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been working in retail as staff pharmacist for over 6 years ever since I graduated. Corporate wants me to become a RXM but I declined several times.
I'm trying to get out of retail and seek jobs in other places but dont know how to have my resume look outstanding.

What experience do you have besides retail? If there's none then your resume will look like everyone else's.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
A start would be to browse around job boards/postings and find which job descriptions looks interesting to you (and obtainable with your background, with a stretch).

Then look at the requirements/qualifications section and figure out the delta, and develop your own personal plan to make up the delta. Then, implement your plan...and eventually update your (improved) resume.

Maybe someone else has better tips, but I believe this approach has worked for many people.

But yeah...it's a pretty broad question and no magical or simple answer - if you want to stick out from the crowd, you have to put in more thought and effort than the crowd.

Reactions: 1 users
Stick to your focusing on your strength(s) and what separates you from other candidates/pharmacists. Lastly, adapt the wording to the actual work environment you will be applying for...what improvement or gap would you be filling for who you are replacing? Research, hell networking with people who have inside info is helpful (something I had to learn the hard way a long time ago)