Restorative Technique (RT exam) or bench exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAdentist2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start a thread helpful for Restorative examinees and those who have taken the exam...

Members don't see this ad.

lets start a thread to help out people taking RT.. i'd like to hear from people who have succeeded

If any one is taking the exam and has queries... i'll try to help 'em ...

common people.... express your queries

Members don't see this ad :)
If any one is taking the exam and has queries... i'll try to help 'em ...

common people.... express your queries

Hey,

What are the required preps, and is it true that they plan on standardizing the preps? If so when?

the required preps are
1-# 4 MO Amalgam prep ony 100%
2- # 6 Mesio-linual class III Composite Resoration 50%
3-# 8 Disto-ligual class III Composite prep 50%
4-# 9 PFM 50%
5-#19 Full metal crown 50%

These have been standard preps .. Unless they make drastic change...

All the preps have guidlines if you follow them and practice.. it should be easy... I'm also hearing rumors that they are going to start RT again.. keep your fingers crossed....

the required preps are
1-# 4 MO Amalgam prep ony 100%
2- # 6 Mesio-linual class III Composite Resoration 50%
3-# 8 Disto-ligual class III Composite prep 50%
4-# 9 PFM 50%
5-#19 Full metal crown 50%

These have been standard preps .. Unless they make drastic change...

All the preps have guidlines if you follow them and practice.. it should be easy... I'm also hearing rumors that they are going to start RT again.. keep your fingers crossed....

Thanks for your input CAdentist2007. They have simplified this test , I remember when they had many more requirments incuding gypsum model.
I think I'll try it next time its held , do they still have it 4 times a year.
Do you plan on taking it ??

Thanks for your input CAdentist2007. They have simplified this test , I remember when they had many more requirments incuding gypsum model.
I think I'll try it next time its held , do they still have it 4 times a year.
Do you plan on taking it ??

Rt is no more bench exam... everything is in mounted manikin.... I'm done with it.. and have moved on.. If you are in the list you should take it... its the best way to get license in usa... people who graduate from schools here end up accumulating hugedebts.. if you get this(RT) done you will be far ahead.. financially

good luck and if you need feed backs let me know..

they are offered several times.. you should check with California dental board

Rt is no more bench exam... everything is in mounted manikin.... I'm done with it.. and have moved on.. If you are in the list you should take it... its the best way to get license in usa... people who graduate from schools here end up accumulating hugedebts.. if you get this(RT) done you will be far ahead.. financially

good luck and if you need feed backs let me know..

they are offered several times.. you should check with California dental board

I was on their list when they used a lottery to choose applicants, never got my name picked off course, my question is do they still do it through a lottery? or you can simply apply now?? thanks CAdentist2007

if you passed NBDE 2 by december 2003.. you are probably eligible for RT
please call california dental board and confirm your status... you will get in

let me know if you need any assistance...

Hi,
luckily I found that my reference number is on the list and iam eligible to take the RT exam.... I really need some info about the test. For the application form, they are saying we have to get some forms certified by dean of dental school,certificate of diploma signed by official in home country etc..really how to get these things done? I mean who have to certify exactly for the transcripts record etc..please let me know if have info about the above. I appreciate your reply.
thanks.