Resources Pertaining to the Business of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

U4iA

εὐφορία
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am interested in finding out some of the business aspects of the medical field. Does anyone know of some websites or other resources that discuss how hospitals and/or a medical practices are run? Some good cases would be great as well.

The institution where I am getting my MBA is not associated with a medical school and therefore has no focus on healthcare. I would like to supplement the coursework with material that is relevant to my future as a physician.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

U4iA said:
Hello everyone. I am interested in finding out some of the business aspects of the medical field. Does anyone know of some websites or other resources that discuss how hospitals and/or a medical practices are run? Some good cases would be great as well.

The institution where I am getting my MBA is not associated with a medical school and therefore has no focus on healthcare. I would like to supplement the coursework with material that is relevant to my future as a physician.

Thanks a lot!

the institution where I am getting my MBA IS associated with a medical school yet it still has no focus on healthcare :laugh: The following are some good resources:
www.healthleaders.com
www.md-mba.org
http://www.pemba.utk.edu/overview/news-releases.htm

to name a few. Let me know if you need more.

thanks for the input guys..

have you ever seen cases or resources discussing the use of information technology in healtcare?

Members don't see this ad :)
U4iA said:
thanks for the input guys..

have you ever seen cases or resources discussing the use of information technology in healtcare?

you can also try the magazine "Healthcare Informatics" and the website Healthleaders.com has a daily newsletter with a section for technology you might find interesting.

thanks again guys!