Resources for Students Who Could Not Shadow a DO Due to COVID-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GAMING4FUNN

Reaction score
Hello everyone, due to COVID-19 I understand many students have faced hardships which affected their applications in unique ways. One hardship I faced was a DO shadowing plan which was canceled in March due to COVID-19. I have searched long and hard since and cold called osteopathic practices within my state with no shadowing plans in sight. Many secondaries ask for detailed explanations of why DO, and I feel that without objective evidence I can not support any claim I make about my interest in DO.

Simply put, what resources could myself and other students who could not shadow a DO utilize to gain a better understanding of osteopathic medicine? This could be Instagram handles, Twitter handles, Youtube Channels, Documentaries, webpage linkes, useful advice etc.

These are my stats in case you are curious:

Edit:
  • My MCAT was from 2018. My MCAT for 2020 was canceled with rescheduling options made available for August which is too late for me so I completely canceled it.
  • I also volunteered for about 30 hours packaging food for the homeless and people facing financial hardship in 2018

Members don't see this ad.

I’m in the same boat, was planning to shadow a DO in March but cancelled... it looks like most schools require or highly recommend a do letter : ( I’m hoping to shadow a do doctor in Sept/Oct so that I can send an update