Resources for NEW CC Fellows

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timurx

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i recognize this may have been discussed elsewhere but hopefully SDN won't troll me for asking again.

I am starting CC fellowship next year and have been out of residency for a few years (and thus out of the ICU as well) and therefore am a bit rusty in regards to various CC salient topics.

What resources do you recommend for incoming CC fellows to read:

- Books to read?
- Sentinal research articles/trial that are key to know inside out?
- Fellow specific resources to use?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in a similar position. This book is a good start to getting back into thinking about critical care:
Handbook of Evidence-Based Critical Care Amazon product

As for studies:
50 Studies Every Intensivist Should Know (Fifty Studies Every Doctor Should Know) Amazon product

This can provide a start before you get to fellowship

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I was in a similar position. This book is a good start to getting back into thinking about critical care:
Handbook of Evidence-Based Critical Care Amazon product

As for studies:
50 Studies Every Intensivist Should Know (Fifty Studies Every Doctor Should Know) Amazon product

This can provide a start before you get to fellowship

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

For the Paul Marik book, it looks like there's a newer edition (3rd) and it's no longer called Handbook of Evidence-Based Critical Care, but just Evidence-Based Critical Care (2015).

Amazon product

I would add in things like:

University of Maryland | CCP Network
emcrit -- and all the spin-offs with IBCC having great potential for a quick reference too (although it has a way to go)

Although these (especially the maryland CC project) may not cover the foundation that you are looking for, these type of resources will catch you up to topics that are being discussed and implemented...they also supply to opportunity to look up topics or concepts you don't understand in more traditional textbooks.

HH

Reactions: 1 user