(resolved)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotADoctor1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
School list finalized. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
While I understand why you're applying with your move to Chicago, you are likely to be yield-protected out of Loyola and RFUMS/Chicago Med.

I would search for "Music and Medicine" niche programs. Add
Totally understand about yield protection, but I think I'm still going to shoot my shot there. Staying in Chicago would make life much easier for personal reasons. How do you feel about Rush?

I didn't know about the Music and Medicine programs, I'll be on the lookout for those!

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally understand about yield protection, but I think I'm still going to shoot my shot there. Staying in Chicago would make life much easier for personal reasons. How do you feel about Rush?

I didn't know about the Music and Medicine programs, I'll be on the lookout for those!
Rush and Loyola usually expect hundreds of service orientation activities hours when it comes to non-clinical volunteering.

Reactions: 1 users
Rush and Loyola usually expect hundreds of service orientation activities hours when it comes to non-clinical volunteering.
Gotcha. I think I'll still apply because of the location, but I won't expect much there. Thanks for your advice!

UNC and UCSD admit few non residents with no connection to the state. Schools such as Loyola, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Penn State, Medical College Wisconsin may "yield protect" with your stats.

UNC and UCSD admit few non residents with no connection to the state. Schools such as Loyola, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Penn State, Medical College Wisconsin may "yield protect" with your stats.
Good to know! I'll take UNC, UCSD, Penn State, and Medical College of Wisconsin off the list. I will plan on shooting my shot at Loyola, Rush, and Rosalind Franklin due to location, though

You're a shoo in for Wash U.

Delete:
Tulane
Penn State
Rush
USF-Morsani
Kaiser
MCW
Thank you for the response! I really hope you're right about Wash U, that's been a dream school of mine for years now. Just curious - why delete Kaiser?

I didn't see anything that they are looking for in your ap, plus only 50 seats and they didn't take anyone from your state last year...
Do they even have Kaiser in MO?
No, they don't have Kaiser in Missouri as far as I'm aware. I'll definitely consider taking it off my list

No, they don't have Kaiser in Missouri as far as I'm aware. I'll definitely consider taking it off my list
They want to educate Kaiser docs. There's nothing wrong with that, but you just don't fit the bill.

Last edited:
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Missouri - Columbia
Saint Louis University
University of Arizona, Phoenix
Mayo Clinic (AZ)
University of Chicago
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
University of Virginia
Duke
Stanford
Emory
Johns Hopkins
NYU
University of Pennsylvania
Yale
Harvard
USF-Morsani
Pitt
Brown
University of Colorado
Thomas Jefferson
Miami-Miller
Georgetown
Tufts
University of Michigan
ALL Manhattan Titans
Duke
Rochester
Einstein
OH State
U Cincy
Baylor
I'm updating my school lists based upon the newest MSAR. Am really surprised to see that >1/3rd of all MD schools now have median MCAT scores for acceptees in the top 10th %iles. Hence, you're good for many!

My mods to your list above

Duke
Rochester
Einstein
OH State
U Cincy
Baylor

I'm updating my school lists based upon the newest MSAR. Am really surprised to see that >1/3rd of all MD schools now have median MCAT scores for acceptees in the top 10th %iles. Hence, you're good for many!

My mods to your list above

Thank you for the suggestions!

Reactions: 1 user