Resolution 42 Approval

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m16surgeon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide a little insight into how to get approval of my internship through Resolution 42? I am currently in a Med-Peds Program and recently applied, but was told they need more information (i.e. was their financial hardship, etc.) before they will approve it. There is only one combined Med-Peds AOA program, so I only applied to AMA programs. I figured I would have no problem getting approval for "lack of programs," but they are saying they don't consider this to be a special circumstance. Has anyone had success in similar circumstances? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone provide a little insight into how to get approval of my internship through Resolution 42? I am currently in a Med-Peds Program and recently applied, but was told they need more information (i.e. was their financial hardship, etc.) before they will approve it. There is only one combined Med-Peds AOA program, so I only applied to AMA programs. I figured I would have no problem getting approval for "lack of programs," but they are saying they don't consider this to be a special circumstance. Has anyone had success in similar circumstances? Thanks.

I really have no help for you but only to share your experience. LOL AOA is such a joke. I tried to get mine program approved also. Being there is no decent anesthesia DO programs in my area. As far as I am concerned I will never support the AOA in any fashion. Besides I believe that in near future all states will drop this stupid AOA internship requirements, well except for michigan but lets face it, Detroit is a dump.

AOA :thumbdown:

I really have no help for you but only to share your experience. LOL AOA is such a joke. I tried to get mine program approved also. Being there is no decent anesthesia DO programs in my area. As far as I am concerned I will never support the AOA in any fashion. Besides I believe that in near future all states will drop this stupid AOA internship requirements, well except for michigan but lets face it, Detroit is a dump.

AOA :thumbdown:

What makes you think the other four states are about to drop their requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you, i could only expect as much from a surgeon. sarcasm > you

I dont get it. Are you trying to make an arrow or are you using it as a "greater than" sign?

If youre going for an arrow I have a suggestion. Try adding a minus sign ( - ) before the greater than character.

Example: ->

It looks nicer as an arrow.

You can also do an equals sign: =>

That gives a fatter arrow but still nice.

Now TWO minus signs before the greater than character REALLY looks sweet.

-->

And guess what? If you do that in Microsoft Word it changes it to a real arrow for you!

If you were using the sign as a true "Greater than"...well, then I dont understand what youre getting at. Unless youre trying to say that 'sarcasm is greater than JPHazelton'

I dont get it. Are you trying to make an arrow or are you using it as a "greater than" sign?

If youre going for an arrow I have a suggestion. Try adding a minus sign ( - ) before the greater than character.

-->

And guess what? If you do that in Microsoft Word it changes it to a real arrow for you!

If you were using the sign as a true "Greater than"...well, then I dont understand what youre getting at. Unless youre trying to say that 'sarcasm is greater than JPHazelton'

You know, I used to think you were an incredibly arrogant jerk, but the more I read your posts lately the more I find myself in agreement with you.

I hate to say this but...I think I'm starting to like you. (don't get used to it)

You know, I used to think you were an incredibly arrogant jerk, but the more I read your posts lately the more I find myself in agreement with you.

I hate to say this but...I think I'm starting to like you. (don't get used to it)

:D

Just today I had a medical student who was leaving the service tell me "I thought you were going to be a little annoying, but you turned out to be pretty cool."

Every day more people see the truth as I speak it.

check your PM box.

I know there is more to it then what I am going to write, but I was told this by a PD as a general guideline of what you can make sure you do to keep them happy. He said you need to check and see the number of months for each specialty required by the AOA during your internship year: so many months of IM, FM, Surg, etc....

If your program does not have the same number of months as these, for instance if you program has 1 month of IM and the AOA wants two, it may be as simple as using the elective month you have (if you have one) to fulfill that second month of IM so your doing what the AOA sets as their standard.

I realize you also have to state why you chose that program as opposed to an AOA, but if you do the same curriculum as the AOA, one less thing they can hold against you.

-->

You have a amazing intellect..... of course I am being sarcastic. Now if we are getting into minute details then dont = don't and youre = you are or you're. Your grasp of english language prose is masterful. Or in other words you are a internet troll. And i am wholeheartedly glad that you jack ass surgeon types are not at my institution. Congratulations of perpetuating the stereotype of the poor, small minded, egotistical, arrogant and down right annoying surgeons that stroke their egos more than well.... you get the picture. I can take solace in the fact that you are constantly beaten down by your superiors on a daily basis. Congrats... Now move along.

You have a amazing intellect..... of course I am being sarcastic. Now if we are getting into minute details then dont = don't and youre = you are or you're. Your grasp of english language prose is masterful. Or in other words you are a internet troll. And i am wholeheartedly glad that you jack ass surgeon types are not at my institution. Congratulations of perpetuating the stereotype of the poor, small minded, egotistical, arrogant and down right annoying surgeons that stroke their egos more than well.... you get the picture. I can take solace in the fact that you are constantly beaten down by your superiors on a daily basis. Congrats... Now move along.

3 weeks to make a weak comeback? Seriously.

You must be going into Anesthesia. No other profession acts slower when time is critical.