Resident/Fellow Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySister

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any residents had actual good experiences training with or under a fellow. Whenever it gets discussed by the ACFAS groups they always push the increased value for residents. Have any residents actually had this experience - where working under a fellow actually improved their training?

This is not a podiatry only problem. But as there are more fellowships it may be becoming more significant.

If the relationship was positive on the residents, what was it about the fellow or fellows that made it work?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any residents had actual good experiences training with or under a fellow. Whenever it gets discussed by the ACFAS groups they always push the increased value for residents. Have any residents actually had this experience - where working under a fellow actually improved their training?

This is not a podiatry only problem. But as there are more fellowships it may be becoming more significant.

If the relationship was positive on the residents, what was it about the fellow or fellows that made it work?

I didn’t work under a fellow as a resident, but did as a student. As a student (no residents present) the fellow let us do a ton and actually taught us a lot but it was also a high powered fellowship.

This actually held true for a couple different places I rotated at which had fellows. I think fellows tend to value educational/learning experiences more than many residents who just want to do the job and go home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.