Residency training at Walter Reed vs SAMMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahlindner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are talking about this year then that ship has already sailed as the Board is meeting this week to decide your fate for you with results released in a couple weeks.

Figure out which place you will be happy even on the worst of days and what is important to you regarding life outside the hospital. Talk to current residents.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

From your other posts, it appears you're a 4th year med student now.

You're HPSP, I assume?

Did you apply to this year's selection board for a July 2018 start as a PGY1?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for neurology, but for Army urology they didn't have enough applicants for spots and are opening some Army spots to Air Force applicants. An AF MS4 that I know recently had to resubmit a rank list after the original was due.

The .mil is a strange beast considering urology is one of the most competitive specialties on the civ side.

ACGME requirements for neurology don't require primary months? It seems odd you can do a neurology residency without months of primary neurology.

(Or I could just be a shrink bitter at having to do them myself if even the guys with all the little hammers could get a pass)