Residency Relocation Loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gorne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on which company to work with?

I plan on hopefully using the relocation loan to pay off credit card debit accumulated over interview season/away's and the rest to transition smoothly from medschool to residency.

Laurel road for instance requires a match letter but I'd prefer to get the money asap to start getting finances in order.

Any help appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You spend all of your student loan money already? Not sure you are going to get anywhere without any income and assuming your credit isn't great without a cosigner (given high debt load). No family could help you temporarily?

Does anyone have any advice on which company to work with?

I plan on hopefully using the relocation loan to pay off credit card debit accumulated over interview season/away's and the rest to transition smoothly from medschool to residency.

Laurel road for instance requires a match letter but I'd prefer to get the money asap to start getting finances in order.

Any help appreciated.
Sallie Mae is the only one that offered me one in the setting of my huge student loan burden. Got to wait until after match day for proof of $$. It did not require any sort of cosigner.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one through Sallie Mae during my 4th year of med school no problem. You don’t have to start paying it off until 4 years later. No regrets.

Reactions: 1 user
I got one through Sallie Mae during my 4th year of med school no problem. You don’t have to start paying it off until 4 years later. No regrets.

I'm from the dentistry side of things looking for relocation loans. Sallie Mae says they have an aggregate limit, did you hit that problem?