Residency Program Sued Over Drug Testing Of Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the punishment shouldn't end a career and shouldn't include jail at first. You said that

I said that and I still say that. Why should getting a DWI end your career after you paid your debt to society?

If you want to put people in jail for 3 years for the first offense, that is fine. I dont agree with it. But after you get out of prison it shouldnt stop you from doing anything you want.

This mentality is what breeds criminality. People change. People get rehabilitated. It just simply not ri ght to keep felons/ and people with criminal records from the workforce.

Members don't see this ad.

I said that and I still say that. Why should getting a DWI end your career after you paid your debt to society?

If you want to put people in jail for 3 years for the first offense, that is fine. I dont agree with it. But after you get out of prison it shouldnt stop you from doing anything you want.

This mentality is what breeds criminality. People change. People get rehabilitated. It just simply not ri ght to keep felons/ and people with criminal records from the workforce.

I agree with you there that people can change, but I think medicine might be a little different. A DUI is a career ender in other fields where your judgement and character needs to be free of those kinds of blemishes.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with you there that people can change, but I think medicine might be a little different. A DUI is a career ender in other fields where your judgement and character needs to be free of those kinds of blemishes.
I really think that is really draconian. I really do!! 14 years of training, 1 DWI. Go to another career.
Does that sound like the "punishment fits the crime?"

I really think that is really draconian. I really do!! 14 years of training, 1 DWI. Go to another career.
The crime of risking the lives of everyone you drive near? Absolutely

Reactions: 1 user
You can tell that to the husband of my sister’s friend. A first offense drunk driver blew through a red light and killed her. Or my shipmate who spent a month in the ICU after a first offense drunk driver plowed into his motorcycle at a red light. If you drive drunk you put everyone on the road at risk. If you get lucky and happened to get caught before you kill or maim someone, you shouldn’t get off easy because you got caught first.

Not sure why this was directed at me? I agree with you.

How is that draconian? You are literally putting everyone else in danger so of course you should be punished severely

Reactions: 1 users
This thread, which was probably not appropriate for Gen Res to begin with, has gone so far afield that it would be best to let it die a natural death.

Closing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.