residency in UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samhonxr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...for an european graduated what is the pathway to get a residency in UK? ...Plab exam, CCST, PG.... Do you have any suggestion where to gather info about a residency program in OB/GYN in UK? I graduated in italy but I have step 1,2 and 3, CSA that I got in usa. I am just tired to wait for a spot that maybe won't ever come. That's why I am turning to something that looks easier for me but a bit out of my reach because my lack of info about residency in uk. Any help from you is a glimpse of hope to me...ciao

Members don't see this ad.

The website of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists might be a good place to start. This section of the site has information about working in the UK. The pathway seems to be easier if you're a citizen of an EEA country. Good luck!

If you're an EU citizen who has graduated from an EU medical school the process of getting a residency in the UK should be reasonably easy and you shouldn't have to do the PLAB etc. I would suggest looking at the BMJ website and contacting some of the palces which are advertising in that... Hope this helps.