residency in India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a U.S medical school. What if I wanted to go back and live in India after med school. Is it possible to do a residency in India, or is it better to do a residency here and then go?

Members don't see this ad.

lakme said:
I'm currently in a U.S medical school. What if I wanted to go back and live in India after med school. Is it possible to do a residency in India, or is it better to do a residency here and then go?

Residency here.

Along the same lines, I hear that there is NOT reciprocity for US MD's to practice in India... does anyone know the details on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah,U can't be employed in Government owned institutions.Better to find out from the medical council of India how one registers as a post graduate if u acquire the training in US.

Hi..
I'm slightly deviating from the topic but I'm hoping you guys can tell me how things look for someone who's done medschool from pakistan and wants to persue an internal med residency prog. in India...
thanks!