Residency Contracts and other documents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who matched this cycle. When do the programs usually send out the contracts? Apart from the welcome email from the PC and PD, didn't hear anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Be patient. Your program needs to send a bunch of forms over through HR and/or the university, and it needs to get rubber stamped by probably 10 people even though it's really just a formality. Each program is different, but you can rest assured they didn't forget about you.

Congratulations to everyone who matched this cycle. When do the programs usually send out the contracts? Apart from the welcome email from the PC and PD, didn't hear anything yet.
Be patient. Your program needs to send a bunch of forms over through HR and/or the university, and it needs to get rubber stamped by probably 10 people even though it's really just a formality. Each program is different, but you can rest assured they didn't forget about you.

And when they send all the paperwork you’ll wish they hadn’t.

Unless it is TN and you have no VA affiliation. Way back in the dark ages of 2010, as an MS4, basically I had nothing to fill out and like zero communication from my program until they sent me details about orientation. I signed my contract at orientation. TN doesn’t require an application for a training license, you’re just kinda automatically given one. I kinda felt left out while my classmates were drowning in paper.

Now, having done fellowship in a different state and starting practice in yet another state, I realize how awesome it was not to have to do any paperwork.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank You for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure since I had talked to a few other friends and their program sent out contracts the very next day and working on initial licensure paperwork. I matched in Ohio.

on the subject of contracts - one has no choice, but to sign it right? Like you don't need anyone else to look over it because its not like you have a say or the power to change anything?
You will have no choice.

Reactions: 1 user
on the subject of contracts - one has no choice, but to sign it right? Like you don't need anyone else to look over it because its not like you have a say or the power to change anything?
And as pointed out recently in a similar thread, you presumably received a copy of the contract to review at your interview. So while everyone knows that nobody really read the fine print after your interview, ostensibly there will be nothing in there that is a surprise.