Residency at Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackberry13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in doing my Psychiatry residency at Emory. I was just wondering if anyone had information about how competitive it is and whether doing an away rotation there can help significantly (if one does well, of course). Thanks. PM's are fine here too.

Members don't see this ad.

I am very interested in doing my Psychiatry residency at Emory. I was just wondering if anyone had information about how competitive it is and whether doing an away rotation there can help significantly (if one does well, of course). Thanks. PM's are fine here too.

Emory has a relatively high quality-to-competitiveness ratio. Unless you're a marginal candidate on paper (which, from our previous correspondence, I don't think that would describe you), doing an away there probably wouldn't be particularly necessary, and probably has as good a chance of helping as hurting you. If you wanted to spend some time there to check out the program and the city (given your previous California hopes -- Atlanta is a cool place, but it is not California), that would make a lot of sense.

Emory has a relatively high quality-to-competitiveness ratio. Unless you're a marginal candidate on paper (which, from our previous correspondence, I don't think that would describe you), doing an away there probably wouldn't be particularly necessary, and probably has as good a chance of helping as hurting you. If you wanted to spend some time there to check out the program and the city (given your previous California hopes -- Atlanta is a cool place, but it is not California), that would make a lot of sense.

BP's got in right on about Emory in terms of high-quality-to-competitiveness ratio. In all honesty, I don't like Hot-lanta (but that's personal - and has a lot to do with the weather (I'm a cold weather person)).

And not to beat a dead horse, but I did want to make sure the OP was aware of the whole Nemeroff thing.