Residency Application Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Posted in another thread but got zero replies so I’m posting here. 4th year Osteopathic Student here wondering how to go about my strange situation. Only took Comlex I and scored 620+. Planning on taking Step 2 & Level II in early-mid August. Was wondering if I took Step 1 in mid to late September, likely the score would not come in time before the 29th when program directors download our application, on how to best approach emailing program directors with my updated score. I know it’s a weird situation to be in but any advice would be appreciated. I’m just looking to match IM if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Posted in another thread but got zero replies so I’m posting here. 4th year Osteopathic Student here wondering how to go about my strange situation. Only took Comlex I and scored 620+. Planning on taking Step 2 & Level II in early-mid August. Was wondering if I took Step 1 in mid to late September, likely the score would not come in time before the 29th when program directors download our application, on how to best approach emailing program directors with my updated score. I know it’s a weird situation to be in but any advice would be appreciated. I’m just looking to match IM if that helps.
I think you will be fine with just a comlex of 620 for low tier IM university and community IM programs...

I mean it seems straightforward, take step 1 and email every single program you are interested in once your score becomes available. It could play to your advantage in 2 ways: you have a great score and the programs will revisit your application, and you start getting invites to programs that you initially didn’t get an invite too. Good luck!