Researcher Contact Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1131940

u

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone,

I'm posting for a friend who is currently a nursing student so I hope you don't mind.

My friend is currently attending Columbia's MSN program and she is interested in environmental health research in nursing. She stumbled across a certain researcher's CV who seems rather big in the world of emergency nursing and environmental health. It looks like this particular researcher has their own research company and my friend is trying to find out the best way to contact them. Does she just email them, or would it be more professional to reach out to them through their social media platforms? My friend has a lot of anxiety and is nervous about contacting her.

For starters this is the person that my friend stumbled upon Nurse Scholar-in-Residence Program - National Academy of Medicine

I'll let my friend know what you guys say/think.

Thanks!
I would just email them. And if there isn't a response, then they can give it some time and try again. Also, having someone your friend knows who knows this person (or a friend of a friend) could help too.

Don't be intimidated by the "research company". This is sometimes done in academic settings to separate the consulting work from academic work. Just email the person directly

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I'm posting for a friend who is currently a nursing student so I hope you don't mind.

My friend is currently attending Columbia's MSN program and she is interested in environmental health research in nursing. She stumbled across a certain researcher's CV who seems rather big in the world of emergency nursing and environmental health. It looks like this particular researcher has their own research company and my friend is trying to find out the best way to contact them. Does she just email them, or would it be more professional to reach out to them through their social media platforms? My friend has a lot of anxiety and is nervous about contacting her.

For starters this is the person that my friend stumbled upon Nurse Scholar-in-Residence Program - National Academy of Medicine
Some time ago, I was working on my research and also needed to contact one person. I found one report online, which I wanted to use in my paper, but I needed to contact the author to ask something. And I just sent an email. But it took her too long to reply, so I was stuck with writing. Luckily I found this page https://paperell.net/buy-research-papers where I managed to buy college research papers, and it really helped me out. So, maybe somethimes emailing is not the best option because you never know how often the person checks it.

Thanks!
I think it's better to email them. When I have to contact someone directly, I use only email. But if, for example, there is no response for a long time, you can try to use a social media website

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
What is the social media platform?