research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OpalOnyx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a few general questions. What's the best way to locate clinical research opportunities in med school? Case reports, chart reviews, etc. In undergrad and grad school, I had no trouble finding basic science projects but clinical research - I don't know much about. Any advice is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I have a few general questions. What's the best way to locate clinical research opportunities in med school? Case reports, chart reviews, etc. In undergrad and grad school, I had no trouble finding basic science projects but clinical research - I don't know much about. Any advice is much appreciated.

Do a quick search. There is a very informative thread on this. It shoudnt take long. Just use research in the search fields

Take a look at the Research FAQ. Most profs will respond positively to a cold-email. If you liked the work of a doc who lectured to you in class, talk to them afterwards. Just start asking around and go from there. If' you're already into your rotations, then just ask your attendings. Good luck.