Research Positions without reseacrh experience???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ileana

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Wanted to know if u guys might be able to help me out. I wanted to know how can u get reseach experience without any previous research experience.

I have a Bachelors in Biology and will be getting a Masters in Biomedical Sciences this May, since Ill be applying for the 2007, that leaves me with a year off, and I wanted to really get some research experience. I have no previous experience. Does anybody how I can get my foot in the door????

Please Help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think most people get their foot in the door while doing an undergrad degree. Some people only get serious research experience when doing an advanced degree. I find it hard to believe you've gotten zero research experience and yet have a BA/BS and almost an MS. At a minimum, have you spent some time in the lab doing some small originally designed research as part of a class? Done a research-based class/independent research for credit? I guess if you're really looking to start at ground zero, you can ask a trusted professor who has an active lab how you can get started, either in his/her lab or someone else's.