Research opportunities for nontrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maximbella

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where can I find research opportunities? I will just be starting to take my coursework in the spring semester (graduated in 2003 with business degree...so have a lot of catching up to do). I have already contacted the closest teaching hospital (Univ. of Texas Southwestern in Dallas) and am starting volunteering on 9/15 in the ED.

My question is.....is there a way for for a nontrad w/o the prior science background to do research, or do I have to wait until I have taken the courses? Where would I find these opportunities?

Thanks!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I am having problems with this as well.

I would e-mail all of the science professors in your school and see what they have to say.
Other than that, I'd see if your school offers any type of research. The school that I go to offers research at a cancer center - but I've been unable to get in.

Good luck!

Do you know any medical students in the area? They may help you get connected with some researchers who may be able to use your help.

The best way to find such opportunities is to network.