Research Awards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are all aware of the big name research awards (The Lasker, Nobel, etc), but what are some of the less unobtainable awards- the ones some of us might actually have a shot at winning with our research?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends what field you are in. Most clinical fields have their own societies that have their own awards. Outside of that I dont really know.

Members don't see this ad :)
The National Student Research Forum is a very accessible way to get your feet wet in presenting med student research and winning a research award prize. I did it last year and it was a wonderful experience. They give several awards in different research categories and money ($200 each prize).

The ACP medical student research competition is also another way of winning a prize. They pick 10 winners in basic science and clinical vignette categories and give all expense paid trips out to the ACP national conference to present either poster presentations or oral presentations. I did this past year when it was in SF and it was pretty fun.

Ah, yes. Hopefully my invention of a penile implant for Dachshunds will earn me the Ig Nobel in Medicine eventually..... :smuggrin: