Rescheduling Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranne13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some last minute advice on when it's okay to reschedule an interview. I'm supposed to interview this Tuesday and I was planning on making the 7 hour drive to my interview tomorrow morning. The issue is that I managed to catch some virus (either a cold or flu) and as of last night had a 100° fever. I really don't feel that bad, but I'm not sure if it's responsible for me to 1. Spread my virus around to my fellow interviewees or 2. Risk making myself sicker by traveling or risk having a terrible interview because I'm in a DayQuil fog. But I don't want to potentially risk losing a seat in rolling adimissions by interviewing later than I was supposed to. Help?

Members don't see this ad.

See how you feel tomorrow morning (sometimes things go away very quickly) and decide then if you need to cancel.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in a similar situation during my last interview. I had a bad cold and cough and was on the verge of losing my voice. Given that it would have been too much of a hassle to reschedule, I decided to go anyway and luckily felt fine throughout the day. It's all about how sick you feel. If you think it will affect your performance maybe just give the school a call and explain the situation. Ask when the next available interview date would be if you were to reschedule.

I got extremely sick on my way to Einstein last year and they rescheduled me the morning of my interview. Don't know how it affected my chances because I then withdrew, but they still bothered to interview me.