Requesting time off, Suggestions for Locum Tenems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drfunnyteeth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So, I'm an associate working at an office in upstate NY and I really like the office. I've been planning for several months to go abroad this summer to visit where my parents are from and finally got the dates from my aunt on when she is going.
It would be for 3 weeks in August. I put in my time off request today.

We currently just have the owner doc and myself working and occasionally a dentist who is retiring. I'm trying to find ways to help fill the void while I would be gone those three weeks. Of course, the main concern is production and we do have an office goal with a cruise as an incentive, based off of our production average for 6 months.

Solutions I have offered:
I will work a week we were going to be closed in July and confirm if we would have staff coverage (already 2 hygienists agreed). And, I will work the 2 Fridays a month I normally take off for July, September, and possibly October. Doing that would give back 1.5-2 weeks of work.
Additionally, I thought I could help find Locum Tenens dentist for that time period. But, not sure if that would be best done through a company or just post on Indeed.

Any other suggestions on how I could help? Any experience finding Locum Tenens dentists?

Members don't see this ad.

Uh isn’t this the owner doc responsibility? As an associate the best part is that you don’t have to run the day to day operations. Let the owner doc figure this one out- go on your vacation.

Reactions: 2 users
I just appreciate them as they are pretty great. But, I also agree that it is not my responsibility to figure this out.

As a Locum Tenens, you better be prepared for...
"Have a good trip. We will find somebody to take your place" (As in, don't come back.)