Requesting Academic Record Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jquitt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to get some general feedback. I'm in the very early stages of considering applying to PT school and wanted to get some honest feedback if anyone is willing:

Undergrad Degree: Biological Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.26

Typical Prereq Science courses:
BIO 1 -- B
BIO 2 -- B

Physics I -- B
Physics II -- A

Chem I -- B
Chem II -- C

Organic Chem I -- B
Organic Chem II -- A

Anatomy and Physiology I -- C
Anatomy and Physiology II -- Will need to take

Stats: A

Graduate Degree: Masters Bioinformatics GPA: 3.667

Old GRE Verbal: 480
Projected Verbal New Scale: 152

Old GRE QR: 540
Projected QR New Scale: 145

I realize that some admission departments won't consider a graduate degree. Also, I personally feel like I need to take the GRE again (it was based on the old scale and I don't think my score is going to help me a ton anyway). I'm at a point now where my wife and I will be moving for her Med School residency next year and I may have a chance to make a career move. Any honest advice is greatly appreciated! I know there is a lot more to the application but this is what I have thus far. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Retake A&P I. A C in A&P looks terrible and will actually disqualify you from many schools. I would also retake Chem II to get rid of the C. Get As in A&P I and A&P II.

I would consider retaking the GRE. Most schools won't consider anything <1000 (old version) and you barely exceeded 1000.

Kevin