Request for LOR/Cover Sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pox in a box

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On your Request for Letter of Recommendation/Cover sheet, is there any way to fill in the information electronically and print it out (i.e. type it without using a typewriter)?

How much of this document do you (the applicant) need to fill out and what does the letter writer fill out?

Members don't see this ad.

Pox in a box said:
On your Request for Letter of Recommendation/Cover sheet, is there any way to fill in the information electronically and print it out (i.e. type it without using a typewriter)?

How much of this document do you (the applicant) need to fill out and what does the letter writer fill out?

yes, you click on print request letter and it puts in the name and stuff automatically. You need to fill out everything

For AMGs I believe you can get that info from the dean's office.... since the letters are going there.

For IMGs it will be on there automatically when you print it...

dagr8vik said:
yes, you click on print request letter and it puts in the name and stuff automatically. You need to fill out everything

Can you provide a link? I just found the general download of the PDF file to print out.

Do you have to have the cover sheets in order for ERAS to accept your letters? I have already had all the attendings I asked letters from turn them into my school and the school has them in my file. I would have to go back and ask them to fill out cover sheets, is this necessary??? :confused:

Pox in a box said:
Can you provide a link? I just found the general download of the PDF file to print out.

When you assign a letter writer in ERAS, there's an option there to print a cover letter for that person with your info and their name on it. You still have to fill out your school's contact info.

Hawaiian Bruin said:
When you assign a letter writer in ERAS, there's an option there to print a cover letter for that person with your info and their name on it. You still have to fill out your school's contact info.

If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full program, not just the reader) you can create form fields and then type the contact info in. That's how I did mine.

Hurricane said:
If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full program, not just the reader) you can create form fields and then type the contact info in. That's how I did mine.

I can't figure out how to add the form fields. They are not printing.

Pox in a box said:
I can't figure out how to add the form fields. They are not printing.

On the Mac version, it's Tools > Advanced Editing > Text Field Tool. Then you draw the boxes, then switch back to the default "hand" tool, then type in the text.

Here's the version I used last year with the blank text fields added.

Attachments

• ERAScoversheet-blank.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 249